Nissan Sentra 2001, stalls when hot and humid...

Hello all,

I live in Montreal and temperature in summer here can be very hot and humid. So i stopped at the red light and my rpm was idling at 800-900 rpm. When i turned on my right, car start to jerk and engine stalled for no apparent reason. This is the 3rd or 4th time it happened to me, i brougth to a mechanic, and they were not able to find the issue. Good thing i was going down slope and near my house.

I have changed the MAF last year, thinking that this was the cause, but apparently not. Anyone with a clue??? Oh and also, once i was able to park my car, 20 seconds after, i restarted the car and it was fine but didnt’ drive because i was freaking out…

Any help will be appreciated, could it be the spark, the plug, air filter??? and my gas tank was mid full…

Im having the exact same issue with my 04 sentra. They are also having trouble finding the issue…its ridiculous. I was told it was the cam and crank sensors but it is clearly a bigger problem than that. It could also be the pre catalyst?? according to articles I’ve been reading. Please let me know if anyone is able to figure out your problem. Nissan is refusing to take responsibility for this (I called head office and dealership). This is completely dangerous and I plan on persuing this issue with Nissan once I get my car back on the road…if that ever happens

I changed the gas pump and the MAF. So far seems to correct the problem.

You should check compression and also oil.The content of carbon fiber is less in oil from minimum requirement.so check it or you may contact company dealer for this problem.