Zep's Car issues

Ok well i need somone who knows something about cars pretty much. i dont know if i have a leak or what it is. car runs fine for abit then it putts revs up and down when i press the gas and soent go anywhere or just shuts off… if i move the intake it helps then after a few bumps it craps out and honestly its mad annoying and i wanna find out what!! it is… i cant stand it anymore.

ideas anyone willing to help out?

i was driving on the 401 car ****ed up and shut off almost got taken out by an 18 wheeler few weeks ago and i cant drive it anymore scared somones gonna ram the shit outta me. does it every single trip to work… ughhhhhhhhhh

Piping is loose. MAF sensor is ****ed / loose Mine did that then I found out the the MAF plug was loose. So try plugging in the clip next to the MAF go around the block if it doesnt stall theres you problem. Or clean your MAF. You said you shook your intake which prolly just pushed the clip temporarily.

^agreed, clean your maf sensor and inlet.
Just use some 90% alcohol on a moist towelette and you should be fine, let it sit and dry for about 10-15 min.

Zep
I had the same thing happen to me it stalled randomly going down mavis. Popped on the 4 ways ran out opened the hood pushed the clip in got in started and continued.
BUT try pushing it in and jiggling it, BUT I cant stress this enough
DO NOT!
Use alcohol on a hot MAF do it once your car has been sitting over night. As if you spray it on a hot MAF it crystalizes and you might aswell toss it in the garbage.
Let me know if it works.
Steve

nah man i got a new maf and same thing! ive checked the sensor and its not that. i had a clip on it and still does it… im not sure what else it could be. anymore ideas? i think its something else… its annoying cause i cant figure it out …

lol i put a bungee cord on it to stop it from moving and it kinda works but eventually when my motor gets hot it does it no matter what if i drive it over 30 min or im in traffic i have to keep the car reved so it dosent stall… its soooo embarassing!!! ill be chilling in rush hour or whatever and then poof shuts off… on my way to and from work i have to stop at least once each way on the shoulder of the hwy to shuts my car off or to wiggle the intake. then it starts fine.

Only happens after the engine is warmed up right? Could be a vaccuum leak, loose hose somewhere.

Have you tried ohm testing the MAF harness to the ECU?
Electrical resistance increases with heat. The wires could already be extremely corroded. When you put the bungy cords on it the wires possibly get tugged a bit?

not sure man maybe it could be but if no one has noticed i suck at mechanics. i dont know wtf to look at but it could really be a leak. maybe somone could take a look sometime. dunno… its jsut depressing.

Well, if you don’t want to get into it with an Ohm meter, next time try jiggling just the wire and see if it will start.
Other than that, try a boost leak tester and see if you can hear air coming out around the MAF body or intake tubing.