The confederate flag. Symbol of southern heritage or Hate?

You’re right, nobody does, I was just drawing a parallel.

People are too easily offended today. There are plenty of things that I don’t appreciate or I might say offend me. I try not to buy/support/discuss them, and I try to move on with my life. Dwelling on something just draws more attention to it, and makes it into a spectacle.

so says the white boy. :rolleyes:

i don’t think there’s anything to get over. No one is beating up people for wearing Confederate flags. If I see you rocking one, I’m going to assume you’re stupid ignorant trash. And I’ll be right 99.9% of time.

Theres only one true flag for this country, and thats Old Glory. The CSA fails to exist after the Civil War.

i saw it a few months ago… great premise, but it could have been much better.

also, fuck rebel flags.

well i got a general lee shirt with the flag on it. my black friend got the same one. :dunno:

regardless of what it stands for, good or bad, it’s a part of american history and should not be washed out of history books or anything like that. It’s a part of what made the US what it is today.

confederate flags, malcom x shirts, black panther stuff, etc… are all the same. They seem to be displayed to get a rise out of someone or someone who is just looking to start an argument, instead of as a part of history that someone is proud of.

But they were rednecks. :mullet:

[QUOTE=beat90tsi;]People are too easily offended today.QUOTE]

what it means is you’re a hick or a redneck :mullet: not a bad thing but that’s what it is. it’s a culture or a lifestyle

thanks for making my case.

the same thing could be said about neo-Nazi’s. It’s all about perspective.

Well…the flag itself im sure when made wasnt for the intention of hatred, but instead that of representation of the rebel south at the time of the Civil War. I find it perfectly fine for someone who flys it that was from/is from the south where there cultural values were formed from the ideas that that flag represented. On the other hand…its the racist asshole that flies it that has no relation to the south during those times and is flying it for the pure and simple reason they may not like blacks or drive a lifted truck and want to be cool around their redneck butler buddies…

Its pretty much both… most people don’t care too much anymore about it.

Usualy its the Forward Township people… and a few suburbian hicks in eliz. I knew a TON that lived in the rural suburbs and were redneck as fuck.

I mean, I understand that it is meant to be a symbol of southern heritage. But 9 times out of 10 when you see it, it’s not being flown or represented for that purpose.

an even if it were, it would be promoting an era that was dominated by the industry of slavery.

IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE FLAG STANDS FOR YOU NEED A HISTORY LESSON!

Just as many symbols in this world are misused. I had family on both sides of the conflict, but if someone invaded your land and you lost fighting against them: I’ll bet you’ll be sore losers as well.

the rainbow… faggots and dykes just claimed it as there own.