The Continuing War Between Blu-Ray & HD-DVD

I don’t remember pong, but I did have Colecovision

*Watching “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color” on a B/W TV!

i dont’ know… i honestly dno’t even care anymore… but geez theres alot of assumptions and mis-information in this thread… i know who cares… but yeah… storage capacity is not really limited… plenty of technologies:

http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/teradisc-pushing-the-limits-of-optical-storage/

its’ the lasers in the readers and burners… the media is obsolete, it just defines which technology is being used… the trick is making a multi-layered disk that can be read by common and existing lasers…

also… 1080p is no limit… duh… :

" Japan Broadcast Corporation (NHK) recently demonstrated a live relay of a 4k x 8k resolution Super Hi-Vision program broadcast over a 161 mile distance by a fiber optic network. And Dolby 5.1 surround sound? Ha. Super Hi-Vision has 22.2 multichannel audio. At 7680 x 4320 pixels, Super Hi-Vision is 16 times the resolution of High Definition Television’s 1920x1080 pixel resolution. NHK knows a thing or two on this field; it was the first to demonstrate high definition programming in the late 1970s, with 1,125 scanning lines of resolution (compared to the 525 scanning lines in standard broadcast TV) and support for 16:9 format. For the demo, NHK developed a Super Hi-Vision camera equipped with 8 megapixel CCD image sensors to film the 4k x 8k images. In the demonstration, an uncompressed 24GB signal was broken into 16 161.5 Gbps HD-SDI signals and sent over a dense wavelength division multiplex fiber optic network.

But don’t worry, your HDTV set isn’t ready for the ash heap. NHK says this audio/video technology is for movie theaters and wouldn’t be commercialized for at least a decade.
"

I like blue-ray the most, very nice picture

VHS always had a pretty nice picture.

there is technology that give HD with the use of the old red laser (standard DV)

i read about it one of my issues of high def magazine.
http://www.highdef.com/

they do have it but it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.
if i can find the article i’ll post it

And now the fine print comes out. Now they are saying that unless you have a PS3 (which I guess is pretty much everyone anyhow), you are going to have an obsolete BR player that can’t play the latest editions of BR movies.
So, HD DVD WAS better until now, because HD DVD had features that BR wasn’t able to handle at the time with BR version 1. BR was rushed out of production early so HD DVD couldn’t grab a foothold, and was released without these features. Now, they are finally updating the BR features to BR version 2.0, but if you’d bought a stand alone BR player prior to the release of BR 2.0, it won’t even be able to play the newest BR titles. So, now you’e got to buy another BR player to handle BR 2.0.
Busted. BR gets everyone on the bandwagon, gets everyone gung ho that they win the war, and then tells you your player is obsolete and you have to go buy another one.

betamax, Mini-Disk, HiFD :kekegay:

I got an e-mail today from Netflix. Apparently they have decided to go strictly Blue-ray.

Blu-ray has won. Finding HD-DVD’s anywhere is getting harder and harder I have noticed, and now Netflix, who does more business than any other rental place, has dropped them, its over. Best Buy has also dropped them. Universal is now HD-DVD and Blu-ray. Game over.

And the Sony BDP-S301 can be updated as well as the PS3.

At least HD-DVDs can be found for half price at a few places. Most notably Amazon.com.

i cant wait till this faggoty format war ends. The fanboys are just annoying.

Blu-Ray has won

Whooptie fucking-doo. Can we end this thread now?

LOL user for $39 & change.

i heard rumor that xbox might make a blu-ray external.
but probably will still be just a movie player & not read games.

im sitting here wondering…WHY the hell is this thread still alive…

I hope HD DVD comes out as the winner, I hate Sony

:smiley:

you’re about a month late, and you’re out of luck.

They announced Warner Bros. is signing with Blu-Gh3y to produce their movies a while ago… what, thee largest dvd distributor in the world? The hands are down’

:stupid:

i have a second ps3 for sale if you need a blu-ray player…