THE **iPhone** Thread (GPS, JailBreak, Apps, Etc)

over wifi or 3g?

wifi

I never found VNC to be fast. Jailbreak has rdesktop on the Cydia installer.

Anyone get a case for this yet?

Opinions???

Im looking at the iSkin Revo2, looks pretty nice.

I have a JamJacket and I don’t really like it too much. The material is too sticky and makes it a pain in the ass to pull out of my pocket and such. Especially with dress pants.

There was one I tried at the ATT store that I loved, but I forgot the make.

i noticed they sure dont pack much with this phone, no car charger? WTF.

also can this be used with ipod docks and shit like that?

I dont think so. Different form factor.

I wish they had a car charger. I might grab another USB cable and a car charger so I can use 3G more and not worry about my battery.

Pwned 2.0.2

Hopefully it fixes a bunch of my issues.

Verizon is starting to combat the iPhone.

http://gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/08/verizoniphone1.jpg

Kind of funny how they claim they raised the service price for the internet when almost any provider who has a 3G network will charge $30 for internet now on phone.

Also, over the air music is available through websites and also AppStore apps which are free.

One thing Verizon forgot to mention is:

MYTH: THERE IS QUALITY FREE APPS ON VERIZON’S GET IT NOW

Lastly, isnt EVDO Rev A the new one that most of the EVDO phones can not support yet and a new wave of devices that are coming out in the future? Even so, high speed downloading is great but are any phones matching the processing power of the iPhone?

LOL. it’s like a political campaign.

fuck… was just upgrading to the newest firmware and it bricked my stupid phone. Ironically enough it’s not showing me any backups nor contacts synced :tdown: I have an older backup from nov of last year (good enough for contacts for the most part) but it’s giving me an error

I’m effing pissed. Make sure you make regular backups.

Backups are made automatically, daily. How’d you fuck that up?

I bet it was because you jailbroke your phone. :stuck_out_tongue:

because I don’t use itunes regularly as I usually do everything on the phone via wifi. apparently it wasn’t setup to sync contacts and shit when I synced it last

I bet it was because you jailbroke your phone. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol it actually wasn’t even jailbroken. After trying to restore it from the old backup (1.0.2 firmware) a few times without success, I did finally just bite the bullet and jailbreak it.

Sucks though… I wonder if I can downgrade back to 1.0.2 somehow, load that firmware into the phone, sync it to contacts and then re-upgrade back to 2.0.2

and finally, the one time leaving your voice mailbox full pays off. It must not be stored locally on the phone… my voicemail is 100% full. Now to go through and add contacts back

better than nothing.

edit: they must go back pretty far. Have “most” of them restored.

hell yeah

You can’t brick a iPhone.

DFU mode is your friend :slight_smile:

DFU mode = bricked (as far as I’m concerned)

both leave ya up shits creek

wat

DFU mode = able to restore.

which is why I was able to restore/jailbreak

DFU mode is a boot process before it loads the firmware image and provides USB access to the device. If you mess with your baseband and bootloader then you can risk bricking your phone but just messing with firmware and applications, its impossible to completely disable your device.

If you have used quickpwn to jailbreak 2.0.2, you put your phone into DFU mode to allow it to interact with the device.

About the Verizon thing, I do find it funny how instead of using the iPhone as a new level of phone technology and innovating beyond it to compete, they decide to try to prove it wrong and bash it.