iPhone

Well my sprint contract was up so I snagged a new iphone. Any good apps worth getting/buying for this thing?

I got a few of the free dumb ones, flashlight, aim, ebay blah blah

Anything worth purchasing?

you have to pay for flashlight/AIM/ebay? :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I know there’s an app that uses the accelerometer in it to act like a Gtech.

oh, and LOL @ your apple piece of shit. Shoulda got a Diamond.

iphone isn’t my cup 'o tea, but my bro-in-law seems to really like his 3g that he recently bought. i’m sure there is a mapquest/gps direction app that would be nice to have (unless it already has one). not sure if verizon charges for 411 service, but an app that serves that purpose is nice as well.

it has mapping, but NO navigation, and Apple specifically prohibits developers from creating a navigation program.

i thought i read that they were opening up their core to allow other programmers to write their own apps?

The iphone is a great phone once you get around apples bs. You need Cydia and Installer on your phone to make the most of the phone. I would never go back to another phone, once you jailbreak the 3g, its such a great phone, you can change ANYTHING on it… Its great.

i have a ipod touch which is basically the same just no phone i love that thing

As far as I know, navigation is still banned. TomTom has nav for it already, but is not permitted by Apple to release it.

Apple working on it’s own proprietary navigation?

ibeer

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MfQIswl3k”]YouTube - iBeer Download Magic for iPhone & iPod touch[/ame]

That would be the most logical reason, but I haven’t seen anything.

nothing like screwing the population to make some $$$$

If you jailbreak, you can easily get around that tho. So yes if your an idiot then you will get screwed into paying apple… if you know a little, you get right around it with ease. So no biggie to me.

I would imagine any nav is going to be aGPS, and I can’t see that working w/o AT+T support.

Read, free.

oh, and LOL @ your A4 piece of shit. Shoulda got a M6.

Did you jailbreak your own? Where can I get the stuff to do it and what are the downsides of doing it?

downsides are none at all… the stuff you can do is unreal. The full tethering to your laptop is the shit too, esp w/ 3g.

Check it out online, its not that hard to do.

blackberry > iphone

x2.

I love my 8330, and will probably buy the Bold when Verizon gets it in a few months.

AT&T Tilt/Kaiser 3G WM 6.1 > *

Skip the Bold, and get the Storm when it comes out.