The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

WANT TO SHOOT SCAR SOOOOOOOO BAD

Only down fall is the nag situation. Other than that thing is titties.

Hows this for a .45?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXq20luUDAo&hd=1[/ame]

seen them before and to be honest, pretty fuckin gay IMO.

clearly its going to suck to shoot and it wont be very accurate.

much rather have something on me that has more rounds even if it means overall size is a bit bigger.

+1. The smaller something is and the less it weighs, it’ll almost always have more recoil. Even though it’d be easy to carry concealed, I’d prefer something with more grip to it, especially if it’s a .45, and something with more proven reliability.

kahr pm9 tiny…more rounds…better.

Finished putting Steve’s new upper together today for him. Still have to tig weld the brake but it’s pinned and ready to go. I locked it onto an AR lower for picture purposes, of which is a Seekins billet setup that JVG owns.

Allstar Tactical forged upper.
Allstar Tactical low profile .625" gas block
Daniel Defense CHF lightweight profile 14.5" 5.56 barrel
Daniel Defense AR15 Lite rail
Spikes Tactical Nickle boron coated BCG
BattleComp 2.0 muzzle brake(was packaged as a 1.5 but is actually their 2.0, lol)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/steveDD.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/steveDD2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o285/Boxxersix/steveDD3.jpg

Ok so im going to be putting in alot of overtime this month someone reccomend me a good gun NOT a shotgun for under 400

You need to add more specifics there son. Handgun, rifle, bolt or semi, etc, etc. Intended purpose, etc, etc.

Add those specifics to the mix so I can cut a list of about 500 firearms down to about 10 or less.

used glock

Sorry looking for a rifle of some sort and not a .22.

mosin nagant and unlimited ammo for 400 bucks.

buy my ar lower, then work more overtime next month and build or buy an upper for it then. :slight_smile:

Adam, you are the man. that thing is fuckin SEXY!

edit: you sure it was a 2.0? cause if it was thats bad… the 2.0 is the same length as the 1.0. to my knowledge the only difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is this “gives the user flexibility for suppressors and silencers meant for the A2 flash hider” from website…

Thanks :slight_smile: Wasn’t too bad at all. Dimpled the barrel for the GB set screws after aligning it, and pinned the brake just fine. I’ll weld it tomorrow.

Mind if I throw 10-15 rounds through it quick tomorrow? I’d like to see if the 2.0 brake has any difference in feel over the 1.5 with the extended hood they have on it now.

Would like something semi auto. Not bolt action. I want something fun and cheap(er) to shoot. I would really like one of these:

After shooting Cossey’s i fell in love.

read my edit on the last page. it might be a new designed 1.5 but its not a 2.0. 2.0 is same size as 1.0.

can i meet you for the shooting? :slight_smile:

you’re right, new design with the hood. I had it confused with their older, longer brake. The hood extension is 1/2" past the chamber face, but contains a single loop of outer porting.

Unfortunately shooting would be at personal range on property, which newcomers aren’t allowed until proven elsewhere at another range(gun control/handling, accuracy, etc) Not that I don’t trust you, but my dad doesn’t know you and rules are rules on the property. Been alot of people that have wanted to shoot up here but I won’t allow it because, while they have been shooting for a long time, they have piss poor gun safety procedures and just don’t plain listen. I have enough range for 850+ yard shots…I can’t risk my privileges here :dunno

understood. idc if you shoot it though. i do wish in the future to prove myself so occasionally i could shoot up there with you. sounds like a badass spot, specially for long range stuff.

wish i knew you were gunna shoot it… i would of gave you my flip ups to sight in for me lol

We can definitely work something out in the future Steve. Believe me it’s not a personal thing between you and me. I have close friends that shoot that I don’t allow up here with their guns for aforementioned reasons.

I am probably one of the most strict, by the book firearms associated people you will ever meet. I’ve been told it’s “annoying” but I don’t care what they think. there is a hole(that has since been patched over) in my fathers dining room wall where my cousin discharged his service pistol in the house because he thought it was unloaded. This is my cousin who is an MP in the Army, and an NYPD officer…I was on the phone talking to my aunt when it discharged. Poor gun safety is a big no-no for me, and as such I just take things up here extremely serious.

And yeah 850yd shots are fun. I could probably squeeze 900 out of the land, but that’s where it starts to rise back up the gully and into the far treeline and border of the property. The field I shoot into downslopes into a gully and has natural walls, so it has natural security. I really don’t even allow rifles to be shot up here beyond 100yds that haven’t been properly sighted in elsewhere. When I test fire rifles up here I walk them into the target from about 20 feet onwards to ensure rounds are not climbing above the horizon :lol

i totally hear you, agree with you, and understand.

i love having my “fun” with the guns i have, but i always stay safe. once you pull a trigger you cant get that round back, its gone. accidents do happen, guns malfunction, and people forget how many rounds were or were not in a gun.

heres a prime example of my latest exp. on how poor gun handeling could have ended bad so quickly.

was shooting one of my bolt action 22 mags having some fun. it was working fine had no issue with it. i put at least 3-5 5 round mag rounds through it. guy there says, mind if i try it out? i let him shoot it. tell him its empty and heres the mag. well he loads up the mag, pulls the bolt back to chamber a round, pushes the bolt closed. when he pushed the bolt closed the gun fired. thank god that the barrel was down range and all members were standing behind him.

imagine if he did the bolt just to get it ready and was going to put it back on safe while i was hanging my target? or while it was pointed at his foot, or me, or other people.

my point in sharing this story is, guns can malfunction, but if you follow good gun handeling when they do bad shit doesnt happen, you just have a broken gun, not a dead friend.