The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

ATF just stopped further importation of the mp5 clones. Cars depreciate.

anyone wanna come down to virginia for 2 days of shooting/camping?

When? I may be interested.

april 14th, a bunch of arfcom/vagt guys are renting a field at a camp with a shooting range

How long is the range?

Can’t I just come down and shoot w/o the camping? lol

its at camp cove, pretty much a glorified version of the clifton parks plinking range but 100 yards instead of 10 or whatever it is.

fucking lazy ass. To good for old fashion camping are you? :skid:skid:skid:skid:skid:skid:skid:skid:skid

I’ve gone camping several times and have no issues with it. I, however, don’t want to camp with a bunch of people whom I don’t know who also possess firearms. Has nothing to do with lazy, sweet tits.

Yeah, last thing i’d want is some good ole boy from some internet forum getting drunk and showing off and just start letting off random rounds. I enjoy having fun, but being around a large group of people who’s gun safety precautions I dont know would be a bit sketchy

Exactly. Their standards of safety may be different from mine.

And I love how JVG comments about me not liking camping (when I do) when I have never seen or heard of him camping since I’ve known him lol.

I love camping. Everything put shitting in the woods. Or even camp toilets. Do not like shitting on any toilet but the home throne as a matter of fact

/pjb

I love camping. Everything put shitting in the woods. Or even camp toilets. Do not like shitting on any toilet but the home throne as a matter of fact

/pjb

BCM upper/14.5 in barrel/yhm lower/spikes lower kit/ACOG/yhm pop up sights

Theres some tier 1 shit right there.

FNH Scar17S…want! Do not want to pay for lol.

Speaking of want, anyone on Nyfirearms see the ad banner advertising reasonable priced thermal optics? For shits and giggles I clicked on it, and their low end optic is $6100 lmao.

I just started my search for one. Needs to be FDE in color and come w/ 10rd mags. Then needs to transfer to FFL in NYS that is a gunsmith to do the work to make it NY compliant.

What does it need to be Ny-legal?

The stock needs to be pinned to prevent it from folding and collapsing, and then a muzzle brake it comes with needs to be permanently pinned. If I can’t find one in a couple weeks, I may build another .308 AR but would highly prefer the SCAR.
My biggest gripe with the SCAR is that the 17S takes proprietary mags, so I can’t use anything from an AR-10, LR-308, FAL, G3, etc… And the mags are hard to come by for the SCAR.

scars are sick. i held a few down in georga (not my first time) but they are just an awesome rifle.

Well, I bought one tonight:
FN SCAR 17S.

http://www.policemag.com/_Images/news/FNH-SCAR-17S-2.jpg

Here’s the specs on it:

• Gas-operated, short-stroke piston design
  • 7.62x51mm NTO/308 Winchester chambering
  • Ambidextrous rotating manual safety
  • Reciprocating bolt handle adapts for right or left side operation
  • Ambidextrous magazine release with protective surround fence to prevent unintentional activation
  • Interchangeable free floating 16.25" hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel
  • Hard chromed bore
  • Folding adjustable rear sight
  • Folding hooded front sight
  • Integrated MIL-STD 1913 mounting rail at 12 o’clock position on alloy receiver
  • Three MIL-STD 1913 mounting rails at 3, 6 and 9 o-clock positions
  • Matte black finish on barrel and gas system surfaces
  • Anodized Flat Dark Earth tan on alloy receiver
  • Polymer trigger module with molded-in Flat Dark Earth tan
  • Side-folding Flat Dark Earth polymer stock instantly adjusts for both comb height and length of pull Needs to be pinned to prevent folding and collapsing. Fucking NYS
  • A2 type checkered pistol grip with finger indexing ridge