Unique Performance in some trouble (restoration shop)

Foose cuts ties with Unique Performance

Curious to see how long it takes for Mothers, Year One, and Mac Tools to pull out.

how could they think they would of got away with this shit

61 Eleanors just got away again !!!

it would be totaly fucking amazing if someone went and carjacked a finished car and spent all day running from the cops

I got a private tour of their shop last year around this time when I was down in Dallas. Here are a couple pictures I took inside. Was really cool to check the place out, sucks for all those people who are getting screwed now.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2269/img1263cd6.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3566/img1282mediumtt5.jpg

Fucking

WOW

I cant believe those fucking idiots had completed cars towed

I was just about to say the same thing :word:

I think of rich people as being smart, at least about money. Amazing that it’s so easy to rip them off for $200K.

i think everybody has that same “threshold” but as average disposable income rises common sense seems to go inverse… but for some reason trust goes up

why ? UP was changing Vin numbers on their mustangs in order to cut corners, now every mustang the cops suspect to have a tampered Vin is impounded

bare body or complete car makes no difference, all cars have been moved to a secure location so the police can inspect them w/o having to worry that UP is going to tamper with them some more

any cars w/ their original Vin’s will be returned, and the ones w/ tampered Vin’s … well … who knows … but chances are UP will at least be allowed to strip off the parts they installed.

this is being done to check for stolen vehicles and to make an example out of the company

hell, as long as they can prove the cars were OBTAINED legally, id be willing to bet that UP can just get DMV assigned VIN’s for the cars, just like theft recoveries

LOL! worried that UP is going to TAMPER with them? They fucking built them. They have respect for the cars unlike some douchebags that towtruck for a living. Cars worth 100 - $200,000 each are sitting in some shitty outdoor impound lot. Might as well be behind a gas station.

Tons of hotrods have had VIN swaps for one reason or another. The problem with UP was that they did not deliver cars in a resonable amount of time after payment was made. It had dick to do with VIN swaps. Thats just the guvi getting involved and making their own mess after other complaints.

QFT. I read up on the whole Motorex story a little bit after it happened.

link to motorex story?

Yeah they get a sense of invincibility so to speak.

A person close to me lost over $125k by wiring money to someone on the internet for an exotic car.

Never to be seen again.

Even for a big time multi millionaire, thats quite a hit to take.

From what I’ve heard from people close to Tecstar, the issue wasn’t VINs directly. The issue was paying tax on the manufacture of a vehicle. Apparently UP bought VINs from Shelby that were stamped and destined for cars but never used. These VINs never had a manufacture tax paid on them. When UP added the Shelby VINs to the new chassis they had bought (I guess they were buying new chassis from a vendor), they never paid the manufacture tax.

Makes a bit of sense. I haven’t read up lately to see if that is being reported or not though.

UP has already tampered with vins to SOME degree, otherwise there wouldnt be scrape marks under some of the vins

vin swaps are 100% illegal, it doesnt matter if “everyonme is doing it” or not its illegal

police officers have this weird job … catching people who do illegal shit

and they dont give a damn if they are $200k cars, plenty of lambos & ferraris get impounded every day.

god forbid a bunch of completed cars have to sit in the sun for a few weeks while the cops sort shit out

but yea your right, VIN swaps isnt the reason this started, if they had delivered cars on time this wouldnt have happened, but thats the way shit works.

its just like how plenty of traffic cops have busted people for speeding and made major drug busts in the process … the stop was all about the speeding and the drugs were just a “oh hey look what else we managed out of the deal” thing

If that is true, it proves the point that IRS> * . Don’t fuck with Uncle Sam’s cut.

Shit gets deeper… UP is holding auctions, selling off parts, with “questionable” legality. One guy even went so far as to contact the court in UP’s county to see if you could buy stuff cheap with no hitches:

AND - They swapped out eBay names and are selling stuff through the net:

So, basically, liquidating assets, that may or may not be theirs, before they’re siezed.

I’m waiting to see what this does to the GT-500E values. My guess is there’s no such thing as bad publicity - unless you work for UP.

I guess someone caught on to them
The seller User ID you entered was not found.

There were a few guys that bought parts from them, too. I just wonder how many hoods, fenders and engines were paid for on someone else’s dime.