Vette destroyed...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1924211

that sucks… this is why i do my own work or have trusted friends do it.

LOL

I think that’s 2TurboZ’s cousin’s shop!

Maybe we can hear the other side of the story!

i would explode if that ever happened, unfortunately it happens because people don’t use the gray matter in between their ears

pg 14 post 265

Here is the reply from the owner of CAM:

I really don’t know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.

This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail from CF members, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution.

My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.

Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I’ve never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I’m just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.

When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.

If the car is still impounded somewhere, I’d still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I’d hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn’t happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I’ve been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.

From the mail I’ve recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.

I’ve been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa.

I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company,
-jeff

dur, they basically stole the car, crashed it, and didnt pay to replace it. Nice…

that really sucks. Its pretty shitty that they would joy ride cars without the owner’s permission.

^ thats not how his reply read

I guess, It just seems shitty. I wonder if they brought criminal charges on the tech for taking it. ( I didnt read the whole thing)

I used to race all the time with Jeff back in Maryland. We were in the same car club. He was always a stand up guy. It looks like he did try and make it right but she declined. I’m sure all the details are not being told.

do your own work?? :sario:

no shit… I caught a mechanic doing that with one of my old supercharged cars when I picked it up early from being worked on (16 yr old kid was driving, hauling parts in it). I was seeing red I was so pissed off… never went back and told everyone I knew about it.

he’s out of business now, go figure

that reminds me of my time at pepgirls… I took the mini in for tires… while the new tires where leaning agenst the counter… I watched my car rip down shardian… from then on I would hold my keys and they would have to ask me to pull my car in and out of the bay.

So they basically stole the car, wrecked it, and said this is what we’re willing to do otherwise too bad.

I hope they go bankrupt.

Can you really blame her for not wanting the work done at his shop after that bullshit? Do you want someone like that doing work on your car? The vette community is pretty tight and with how fast things spread on the internet I don’t see this guy being in business too much longer.

as far a i know his cousin does not work there anymore…sux about the car

i read about this on tech. shitty situation. wasnt he the owner of the PINKS Firebird? the one that raced the honda.

Wow thats bullshit, I wish the best of luck to the owner in the following lawsuit.
Hopefully they get their money back and the business owner goes bankrupt.

I don’t care how nice of a guy you are. Something like that happens and it’s your fault, you’re the one paying.

Read through the car owners post, and CAMs post above.

IMO, CAM should’ve bought the car, without question. Or they could’ve funded a replacement car (which would’ve been hard being that they are rare’ish) & parts.

It is a brutally stupid move to tell a tech that he can drive a customer car for the weekend. I don’t care what kind of car it is, nor how well they “know” the tech.

Stupid mistake, but that is the price he pays for it.

seriously the second the mechanic asked the owner to take it for a spin, even if jeff wasnt lying and told the mechanic no, he should of hid the keys or kept them by his side

shop owners on the boards have any input?