Wexford Starlite Car Cruise rumors cleared up

Just to clear things up…

Since as early as our last cruise of 2007 there have been a number of folks who are of the opinion that the Wexford Cruise will not be held this year. At least a few of these people have expressed to us that the stated reason for the “cancellation” of the cruise had to do with bad behavior of a certain few. (Thanks to Zack01GC for bringing this to my attention)

Nothing could be further from the truth! The Wexford Starlite Car Cruise will start as always on the first Friday in May. this year it’s May 2nd.

We on the leadership team on the cruise continue to marvel at the incredible behavior of our guests. Whatever the event, if you pack (and sometimes overpack) a venue such as we do every week, there are bound to be some issues. In the end everyone is very understanding when we have to deal with issues that a crowd that size brings.

Do we have to deal with a misbehaving few? Yep, but we deal with it as swiftly as we can and would hope that subgroups (Imports, Clubs, groups of friends) would be willing to police themselves to keep the event as enjoyable as it is.

We hope to see all of you this summer!

Thanks,
Jim Zufall
Wexford Starlite Car Cruise

honestly, i think having it at a church puts an underlying tone for good behavior. if it was in the middle of no where at a bar, i think things would be different!

Anyways, great to hear its going to continue! There are few other local events like it!

Great news…

The only bad behavior i ever witnessed there was the last cruise of the year, when people were refusing to give up spots they had saved, and were fighting with the staff over it…

Yea, no more showing up fashionably late to this one…or you’re sent to the nether-realm of the upper lots lol.

i think they should limit the number of newer vetts ha.

haha, seriously. The corvette cruise is at Jergel’s on Babcock, gtfo.

Glad its not over, I still have not had a chance to make it out there.

seems like more than half the cars there are vetts with little more than a painted engine cover.

I’d still rather look at vettes then some of the beat up economy imports with strobe lights that show up and always attract the 10-15yo crowd

You mean like the dude with the blue greenwood 4th gen that spray-painted his injectors and wiring harness silver?

The best vette down there is the fucking mint C1 with the LS2 swap.

^^dont get me wrong there are plenty of vetts which are quite nice but there are also too many stock one and poorly modded ones. there really should be some restrictions for what cars are permitted in. like that PT that likes to show up should not be aloud in

its a free country, so you’ll have all that kinda stuff… deal :tounge:

…and there are plenty of 6 figure vettes that show up. the one guy has a mint fuelie 63 thats just parked there, no biggie… :nuts:

if it were a free country you could do what ever you please. but its not. we are free-ish ha.

nice…glad to hear its going on

very good news to hear!!!

def one of the if not the best show in the area.

Thanks…we’ll work hard to keep it that way!

This year will be a challenge. I’ll have more to fill everyone in on later in the year, but our construction of a very large addition to the building and grounds has begun. It has already given us a number of headaches for our weekend services; what will happen on Fridays should be interesting. The one thing we’d ask of everyone this year is to be patient with us.

More as the season approaches…

JZ

there are too many vettes and mustangs and f-bodys at every cruise… i just dont look anymore. doesnt wexford set aside sports for a different type of cars every week? ie: car of the week.

Ruh Roh!

I thought everything was going to be done for cruise season? As it was announced how next year there would be 500 more spots…