What kind of lube do you use..

on your roller hockey skates? I have abec 9s and they aren’t moving so good anymore. Should i bust out the WD40?

LOL at the title

f the lube…

just go get new bearings :slight_smile:

Word, sounds like its beyond lube.

i can remember someone telling me that WD40 is bad to use on roller blades. Not sure if its true or where i heard it though.

man i didnt even know there were 9s. way back in the day i remember using abec 5’s, and i thought i was ball’n.

lol new bearings are like $40 i need that money for my car :lol: WD40 it is!

$40 will sway your car purchase? What is it a chevette you are looking into?

doesnt wd40 eat away at the grease in the bearings? maybe not…i just thought it was a bad idea always -
off topic, marc…gimme a call or shoot me a pm…i go to a bunch of skate and shoots at epic during the week

wd40 attracts dust. there are better things to use, but the escape me at the moment.

if they’re out of ky, get some smuckers (anyone? anyone?)

wd40 will clean them, then use some grease to keep them lubed

if they get so bad that they stop moving then you are using them at the wrong places. Are you using them outside??? cause you shouldn’t use just 1 pair for indoor and outside.

I have my good pair for indoor, that have never seized up. And a decent pair for outside.

yeah ill give that a try

I use them indoor only …

go to a roller hockey pro shop. im sure they have a reccommended lube there.

then clean with wd40 and lube with proper lube

no lube needed, just go dry

Tri Flow. its fucking AMAZING!!! FKD also makes bearing oil thats pretty good.

take the bearings apart yourself…i forget what i used to soak all the parts in when i was little and did this…prob was wd40…let them soak for a day, then cleaned them off and reassembled and picked up fresh bearing lube for them…

i had abec 12’s so i used to take real good care of em

I usually use paintball gun oil, works pretty well and lasts a while

swiss ceramics FTW… $140 for 8 FTL lol