Best Roller hockey skate??

I used to play hockey religiously but gave away all my gear a few years back. Im looking to get into a league with my cousin down at bridgeville this fall. I need to pick up some new skates. Im half clueless on what is the best bang for the buck these days. any suggestions? Im looking at something in the 200-250 area.

Jimmy

i have always been a fan of the mission skates… you can usually get a real nice set online for 200

I’d buy a decent ice boot, then go to sprung-inline.com and get their sprung chassis.

This is what I’m doing for my next set. Just curious, but why are you going to Bridgeville? If I was out your way, it would be RMU or bust.

what bravada said would be a good idea. i have missions and ive never had a problem with them. when you get them, make sure you go to a hockey shop and have them baked to fit you though.

try sites like hockey giant.com and hockeymonkey.com they have alot of sales

i stay with nike/bauer…

Missions suck …I have an ice boot with chassis put on …they are alot more reliable than missions …my first pair was missions I broke 2 sets of chassis and killed the boot

Buddy of mine just snapped his Mission boot today at our game. He cut one way, the frame cut the other and ripped right out of the boot.

I prefer an ice boot simply because it is more rigid and strong that any inline boot I’ve seen.

The new RBK 6K rollerblades are badass.

mission is a roller hockey wide bandwagon. people buy there stuff because they were one of the first/only names in roller hockey. i was in the markey for new skates before i realized i hate roller, and was either looking at making a pair out of the CCM Vector Pro skates, or buying the RBK 6K skates. id go with the RBK 6K’s rather than custom made skates, because being a nivice, you dont wanna have to worry about the quality of riviting the new chasis to the boot and/or how straight it is ligned up.

Get a nice comfy Ice Skate boot you like …go to KoSports in canonsburg and talk to Curt …he makes all my skates and is excellent and I wouldnt trust anyone else with them …They may or may not be able to get you chassis for them …if not they are easily found on the net

Curt has been a retard every time i have ever delt with him.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=RH6K

comfortable as hell. and im a bitch to find comfy skates

Call em what u want I wouldnt go with anything RBK …same shitty product for the public like when Nike was making skates …those RBK chassis are thin and will snap or the eyelets wil rust out and pull out …but who cares anyway get what you want and like they gotta be on your feet

RBK is CCM. when Nike made shitty skates they were an indipendant company just starting into hockey. before they teamed with bauer.

RBK’s shit it total quality. and so is Nike’s i have a pair of nike/bauer skates and you couldnt pry them off me. lightest and best constructed skate on the market.

just because they were once a shoe company means nothing, they bought our the big dogs and are now making some badass stuff

If you go to a custom chassis, go Sprung or go home. Don’t fuck with anything else. It is the one and only chassis. Take the Tuuk Rocker and increase it’s capabilities about 100x and you have the Sprung.

I cannot wait until I get my boots done. I’ve got a set of Nike Flexlite’s getting this chassis and I’m giddy about getting my feel into 'em.

flexlites are a badass boot, i bought lory a pair of Flexlight 10’s and she loves them. i have a pair of bauer Supreme 7000’s with the mission chassis that has the shocks.

if i do get back into roller im finding a pair of Bauer/Nike one90 boots and throwing a normal high low chasiss on them

its where my cousin has always played because he lives in glendale. I need to get my feet wet before I start picking and choosing where to play. I know that my school has a badass facility and a quality league so that might be something in the future.

Thank you everybody for the suggestions. Im really not looking for something custom. I want something off the shelf to get started with. If I decide I want to continue playing hockey on a regular basis then Ill start looking into better and/or customized equipment.

when i bought my skates, the dude at the store told me Reebok was more hype than quality. i liked they way they looked which is what caught my attention but the dude talked me out of them, so i just went with missions cause ive never had any problems with them.

You can come play for us :smiley:

Check this out. But I’m telling you Chad, fuck that hi-lo shit. Get a Sprung. They are f’n awesome.

eh. not much of a roller fan

You guys have small feet and ice>*

I’m trying to convince myself to get a set of the One90’s for ice. I just don’t want to part with $400.