Roller Hockey Equipment

Looking to play in my first roller league this summer (on a budget) and need everything (minus a cup).

About me…

5’11
Shoots left
Wide foot
Small head
Average hands

If you got anything that fits that description of high to average quality at a good price, let me know!

Thanks

Buuummmp… someones gotta have some spare stuff laying around.

If you can’t find anything local, size yourself up and hit up ebay. There’s some great deals out there. Might be able to find some closeout deals on Hockeymonkey.com and Hockeygiant.com too.

x2, with the prices stuff sells on those sites, I’d never consider buying any used equipment, having my smell stuck to me is bad enough, I couldn’t imagine having another person’s.

Wow, those closeout prices on hockeymonkey are crazy cheap, ill probably be purchasing a lot from there. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Still open to anyone with the right deal though.

Things that may help coughDUHcough

Head size? (5950 sizing helps)
Shoe size?.. BIG DUH
average hands? Try on a buddies glove… i’m assuming you’d want a 14" glove.

EDIT: Buy a new ABS bladed hockey stick. They go for around $20… don’t buy someones used stick as it’s most likely beat or wooden/composite bladed and will fall apart quickly. If you can snag a new abs stick from someone on the cheap, well… more power to yah.

Let me know some of these details. I’ve been playing hockey since I was knee high to a duck so naturally I have accrued a great deal of both ice and roller equip over the years.

Hahahaha yeah my bad there on the shoe size… Im a 10-1/2 to 11, with a wide foot. My apologies.

As for my head, I dont exactly know my helmet size, I plan on getting fitted up sometime soon at Greatskate or something just for reference. I wear a 7-1/8 fitted hat.

Once again, thanks for the heads up.

There’s roller hockey skate and shoot on Mondays at Epic Center from 5:30 to 7:30. Usually a pretty good turnout.

Just thought I would throw that out there for when you get your equipment together and are looking to sharpen your skills.

They have it other days, but I can’t say whether it’s any good as Monday is the only day I attend.

Check out sports replay on the blvd also.

as far as helmets go, in terms of Bauer…you’ll prolly need a medium sized helmet. Not sure if other brands fit the same as far as size goes.

I have a Bauer helmet that might fit you. If you want it you can have it free. It’s this style but the older version, red in color.

http://thehockeyherald.com/images/bauersupreme9500helmet1.jpg

I also have some red/black Easton gloves that may work. I’ll try and get pics for you today.

That skate and shoot sounds right up my alley. As far as the turnout goes however, I would probably prefer a smaller group my first few times out anyways haha.

Sports replay is and has always been insanely overpriced in my experiences but ill check it out.

And id be more than willing to take anything free Eazy, assuming it fits, let me know if youre serious about that. Do you have a cage for it too?

You guys have been super helpful, thanks and keep it up.

Well, last week there were 3 goalies, and 11 skaters total. A few more subs would of been nice as after 2 hours I was spent.

The week before had a few more. They limit the number of people they allow to play so it’s never 20 vs 20. Just get there a little before 5:30 and get signed in. I don’t think they have turned anyone away lately. Skill level varies from week to week. The teams usually divide up equally with the intricate system they use. Guys with white jerseys on one team, black on the other!!

I have a pair of roller pants if you need them. They are yellow and black. I’m 6’ so they should fit you. They are a pair I got off ebay a couple years ago. Nothing really name brand but they do the job. I ended up getting different colored ones to match the teams I play on. $20 if you want them.

josh …i would def be down to go but i would imagine you would still need to buy that stupid soda insurance cause epic is stupid.

mine expired a long time ago lol.

wish they didnt do that, cause id like to play more than every other week.

I know you needed it for every other sport I played there, pickup or not.

I think its $25 for the year or something like that, does that sound right?

It’s $30/session and $10 for the stupid ID card.

yes…its $40 total at the time of purchase/open skate. the only way id get it again is if i know id be playing every monday…but who knows

The insurance lasts until January but is indeed $30. The skate and shoot is $10 with the Epic card or $12 without.

Yeah, not too unreasonable if you’re going to get out there a lot.

hmmm…if you guys plan on going a bit…maybe ill get the ins. again.

So anyways, back to the equipment…

Ive priced out everything online but am still looking for any great deals out there? Anyone have anything?