Roller Hockey Equipment

I played for the first time in 4 years a few weeks ago, such a good time and a GREAT workout. I stayed out for about 80 of the 90 minute game. We only had 4v4 with 1 sub on each team. Glad to hear you’re picking it up, VERY fun time!

As far as equipment goes, I have an old pair of V-Forms that would fit you; but there is a predicament. The company went out of business, and I don’t think that aftermarket wheels will fit properly on the skate. I have tried unsuccessfully, but won’t know for sure until I try it with a brand new pair of wheels. I need to buy new indoor wheels anyways so I will give it a try and let you know. Just for reference, this is sort of what the skates look like:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/9/49/n64043366117_9571.jpg

Haha, thanks WoodZ, but im looking for something a little more… modern I guess lol.

Me MA gots rid of most of my old crap. Unfortunately being 6’4" and 215 pounds I don’t have much from the past few years that would fit, lol. Big gloves, big skates, etc… hahaha

Def take Eazy up on that helmet, it’s super baller… like $120 + new… and yeah being that I’m a large bauer helmet you’re most likely a medium.

Good luck man, roller hockey is a blast during the warmer months!

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Oh, and Mission rollerhockey skates FTMFW. UNlike bauer skates they fit pretty close to shoe size. IE; I’m a size 13 sneaker, size 11 1/2 bauer skate but a size 13 in Mission. They fit like da buttah.

Hopefully that helps if you find something cheap from hockeymonkey or inlinesports… err whatever.

Well correct me if im wrong but I was told Mission was acquired by Bauer recently and their 2010 skates are now all running on Bauer sizing. Anything 2009 or older would be what yore saying though right?

good q, i haven’t bought blades in years but the older stuff, yes.

What do they require for a skate and shoot equipment wise? Can you get away with just gloves and helmet or do they actually make you suit up there?

OP: I am actually looking around for gear too. 7 1/2ish head, 14 shoe size, 6’3" shoot right. Some of my stuff at home is beat up so looking to get some new stuff around here. Will let you know if I find any decent places with some gear.

You can get away with no elbow pads. No shin pads is risky. It’s not an ice puck, but the roller puck can still fracture your shin bone if you take it straight on.

Yeah dude shins and bows fosho… I wouldnt play in an aggresive league without them. people get feisty, you fall, take sticks to the knee’s… etc

Well it’s only skate and shoot so it’s not aggressive. They don’t have a person checking equipment, so you can go without either if you want. I wouldn’t though. Maybe elbows, but I’d make it a point to get some shin pads.

Ya I played in one skate and shoot and they required you to have shin, elbow, gloves, and helmet. I love skate and shoots but not in the mood to fully suit up to go take shots at a goalie.

yea josh…you are right, new mission skates are now fitted like Bauer…1 1/2 size lower then normal shoe size.

Everyone breaks into two teams. So it’s more like a scrimmage than anything.

Have you heard any word on the 2010 line of missions? Im eyeing up some of the mid level stuff…

Apparently on Hockeymonkey the sizes changed.

a few people i play with got new missions. they enjoy them quite a bit.

went to epic ctr last night for skate and shoot. It was a good time. I haven’t been on skates in almost 8 years so it was a little rough on the legs but definately a good time.

Ah shit! I skipped last night. Banged my knee up in a game on Sunday. As long as I’m healed up, I’ll be there next week.

Ya, I tweaked my knee a little last night. Went to stop one time and felt a little pop. Still sore today but nothing terrible.

I hope to be there next week

ugh…if you guys will be there every week, i should really go get the stupid insurance again.

i have a pair of skates and a extra helmet if your still needing stuff. i played ice hockey and roller hockey my whole life
so i have tons of extra stuff. let me know.