Hockey equipment

Hey guys, I am planning to start playing hockey but I am looking for a few things. Size 9 skates if anyone has any that they don’t use any more as well as some practice jerseys or hockey socks. I think I am pretty much good with the rest.
Thanks

out or net…guessing out?

i have a ton of extra socks and jerseys, i wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy to wear either. both are relatively cheap at a proshop - I’ve picked up socks for $5 at times because they were odd colors

Fuck man, I have piles upon piles of good gear at home. Won’t do you any good with me being 2900 miles away, though.

I’m assuming, since you said size 9 skate that you are around a 10.5 shoe size normally? Just making sure you get something that fits correctly.

I am like a 9.5 shoe so should I be looking for a smaller skate? @maxwell if you are home any time soon I may be interested.
Thanks guys, I think I am heading to Buffalo sports or whatever. I have some old skis I’m hoping they will take on trade for some skates maybe.

Yes, general rule of thumb is to take 1 to 1 1/2 sizes down from your shoe as your skate size. Certain brands and styles run different, so make sure to try them on. Usually i’ll try sometime on local and then order it cheaper from a big etailer like hockeymoney.

I won’t be home anytime soon. Good luck with everything, and be careful… hockey can be very addicting.

I’m usually only .5 size smaller - could be brand.

check out CustomEdge on sheridan - my buddy josh owns it…they do the best sharpenings around hands down, but i believe he’s got some used stuff there for sale that customers have brought in. worth checking out - and he has good 1piece sticks for ~100.
KC

I know Josh as well and I can safely say that their sharpenings are worth the premium. They do a GREAT job there. I can’t speak to used gear, though.

Hit up a Play It Again Sports if there is one still around.

PS: I’m a size 13 in a Nike sneaker and I rock 11.5 Bauer Vapors. FYI. Try shit on before you buy.

My friend owns Buffalo Sports (Dave).

+1 for Josh and Scott at Custom Edge. Only place I go. Not sure if Kalzy is still there

I have some Bauer one90 pro returns I just put new Bauer steel on. Size 8 I believe, may be perfect for you. I was going to keep them as backups but it doesn’t really seem necessary.

I’d take $95 for them, not bad for a skate that was $600 new

if you want you can text me at 716-725-5366

I can probably come up with a jersey I could give you too

Total Hockey will price match online places. Pretty good selection of new stuff.

I remember you saying that before and I did end up picking up a pair of skates there for $30 bucks. Hopefully they last a couple months.

I may be very interested in those skates. I’ll wait until after Christmas but I would love to try them on for sure. I will be in touch.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hard to beat if you’re looking for something to get you by. Kinda nice when my son uses a pair one season when he grows the way he does.

Figured I would piggyback on this since there’s people subbed already. Looking for used goalie equipment- larger sizes. I used to have gear but lent it to a friend to try goal for a summer league. We had a fight and then he died in a motorcycle wreck-- im too big of a pussy to go asking his mother for the equipment back. Time to start from scratch.

@stuiephoto second post (currently) on Buffalo Area Goalteders facebook page, @King’s brother Justin Cuviello is selling pads, gloves, pants and a chesty https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441522582766883/

@OneFastMonkey I still have those skates…

Thanks! I was looking for groups like that, difficult to think of all the different ways you could name it. I manned up and am going to get my gear that I used in high school tonight. We will see what still fits me.

If you want to get serious about it, Bob Janosz (goalie coach for Rochester Americans asst for the Sabres) does an adult camp in the summer, and has many sessions available throughout the year, bobjanosz.com.

I’ve been coaching for him for 7 or so years, it’s a great group

@Coldaccord I will def be in touch about the skates. Maybe after new years if that works?
@stuiephoto glad you were able to go and get your stuff. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Its all gone. His drug addict brother seems to have sold it all (all that was left was a pair of pants that dont fit me). I messaged Justin about pricing for his set and there’s a nice vaughn set on craigslist for a decent price. We will see. Thanks for all the help.

If you know exactly what you want, could always try ebay as well. I know I’ve sold some of my old gear on there before.