what the hell do these names mean

… This year’s Award for Stating the Painfully Obvious goes to …

What I don’t get, is why JDM cars have English names.

Man, I still have the original Japanese TV ad for the S12 Silvia. The announcer gets an “A” for effort, but man … “Shhiiiiiiiiiilllvia” even better, of course the trim name has to be in English too … so we get to hear him try to say “Full White RS-X”

Yet we get alphanumeric names for the same cars.

This whole Chuki, Kouki and Zenki thing is not worth getting your panties in a twist.

But yeah, I remember when I didn’t know what they meant, and everyone that did held it over my head like they’d discovered the cure for cancer.

Odd, those same people are still driving stock 240SXs.

It just makes me smile when people go on and on about their Silvia Kouki coupe with chuki spoiler, and Zenki tails, and you realize what they’re actually saying is “My crappy stock USDM 240SX has parts from other crappy 240SXs stuck on it. I paid 6 times what used USDM parts are actually worth to have this Heinz 57, busted ass KA powered shitbox.”

I don’t care if you call a 240/200SX a Silvia or not. They’re both S12, S13 or S14 chassis. I’ll say S12 Silvia before 200SX, but that’s because I don’t want anyone to think I drive a FWD Nissan Jelly Bean.

I’m more offended when people refer to their cars as things they’re not

… like fast.