question about s13 names

hey, i’ve tried researchin, all i could find was info on the s14 Qs/Ks? I’ve read in a few places on the web where they refer to the s13 as like the s13 Ks? just curious what is up with that. the difference between the s14 one is the zenki 'n kouki headlights right? what about the s13s? or is it just the difference between 89/90 and 91-94? please shed some light on this topic lol.

K is turbo
Q is na

Kings - K’s - turbo - w00t w00t!!
Queens - Q’s - no turbo :frowning:
Jacks -J’s - no turbo :frowning:

This applies to the S13 and S14 Silvias, I believe the S15 uses a different model extension (Spec R is the turbo)

they had 180sx K’s too i think… either that or a JDM ricer put K’s badging on my 180sx front clip…

jantos says they had them, i’ve heard different. looked like stock badging to me tho.

I don’t think the 180SX had these names, but I’m not gonna claim that they didn’t, b/c I get yelled at enough as it is :smiley:

there’s Jacks? or did u throw that in there for fun? :wink:

for sure!. I drive an A’s = Ace.

ok i dont have an A’s but it exists.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7959027225&category=33643&sspagename=WDVW

they covered all the face cards why not the ACE right? heh

yes theres J’s, and no 180’s did not have letter designations, their were 180sx’s with Type II designations type X (obviously) and theres more.
i belive there was a silvia A’s but finding real info on them is impossible

Never heard of the A’s (and it probably would be Ace if it does exist :lol: ) but the Jacks is very real, I just don’t know what sets it apart from the Queens. Maybe the Queens has the lipstick holder instead of the cig lighter (I’ll give a quarter to whoever gets this reference)

canyonaro? lady edition?

paypal is acceptable.

canyonaro? lady edition?[/quote]
beat me to it

and J’s is the base model so while they both dont have turbos, the Q’s gets all the goodies

Well the 180SX did have similar designations, but they changed so often over the years it’s hard to keep track. Luckily I know :smiley:

CA18DET standard, only one model was offered.

The standard 1989 model becomes known as the Type I, and the Type II is introduced with leather and air conditioning, etc. Both models had CA18DET.

SR20DET is standard on all models. Updated facia as we all know. Sometimes referred to as the Type III.

New Type V introduced, came with automatic climate control, and CD player.

Blacktop SR20DET, two new types, Type R and Type X are introduced. Type X replaces the Type V, and is better equipped with leather, auto climate control, etc - Type R replaces the Type III. Air conditioners switch from R12 to R134a.

Driver side airbag standard on all models. New wheels for the Type X.

New Type S is introduced, with SR20DE.
Type X recieves spoiler, all models get new font bumper and taillights. ABS standard on all models.

Base model Type G is introduced with SR20DE. This and the Type S are the only NA 180SXs.

Wow… Very nice info, I never knew there was an N/A 180SX. Do you have a similar list for the Silvia, or? It’d be cool to get both and archive them somewhere for reference.

I wrote a general info thing on the S13 in the FAQ section… it’s all in there. However I dont know much about the silvia S14/15 lineup.

there is an A’s badge for sale on ebay right now.

never heard of it till then

GT

A’s was the very rare Almight Ace…

A’s was the very rare Almight Ace…[/quote]
ya but besides that do you know anything about it?? ive never seen one at auction, but im not sure what year they were made

Hmmm i need A’s badging

Was there ever infact a Silvia A’s? A google search turns up absolutely nothing on it!

Sounds like nothing more than joke badging sold on ebay.

no project nissan also sells them so there not a joke, but ya everything i have read is just people talking, i think there was a thread about it on zilvia but it was full of speculation