whats the diff between the WRX, and WRX TR?

ide prolly rather have a wrx off the showroom floor, then an sti used

used cars are a nightmare, let alone when when its a performance car geared towards young kids

heated seats are an option on the WRX :slight_smile:

What turbo AWD competitor is less again?

i wouldnt be afraid of a used sti. Ive seen what newman does to his and the cars can and will take a beating. As long as it comes with a warrenty and an inspection you should be ok.

:word:

I’m kind of curious about that one myself.

not all spt parts are ok, some will void your warranty!

USED STI.

Just look them over carefully, you arent stupid, you’ll know if the car was converted back to stock after heavy modding. Just wait till you find a clean one and do it up. You will ALWAYS regret it if you go with the wrx. You’re talking about 5k in differential upgrades alone…

The difference between them really has nothing to do with the engines, its all about the drivetrain.

Not when installed by subaru. Thats how they get ya. Unless you are dealing with a super duper shady dealer.

Used STI for sure. I have to live with the decision of owing a regual WRX day in and day out. On the plus side maintence is way cheaper, especially when it comes to brakes. Though with the new brakes that might not be the case anymore.

i can get you a copy of the spt catalog if you want, says it right in there regardless of who installs it some will void your warranty…dont believe me tho i just work in parts at a subaru dealership.

Easy bro nobodys pissing in your corn flakes. I have a dozen catalogs from northtown when i bought my car… What parts void it? I can’t see them doing shit about the catback cause all it does is makes your car sound pretty. Is it the intake that voids it?

clutches, suspension…any lowering of the car changes the angles of the drive axles, not so great for the diffs in their opinion, it is retarded that they have all that crap and wont cover it tho

In that case, shitty of subaru. for the cost of SPT stuff you would think it would be kosher.

for the most part it is, but alot of times i know northtown is hesitant in putting that stuff on even if it is kosher

what is this forum coming to?

The TR trim has a slightly stiffer suspension, limited slip rear diff, and 4 pot front brakes. It has less luxury so the price is less.

The brakes are the most interesting thing to me, older style Sti brakes, i.e. Group N rally car.

same mechanically… wow

x2… who gives a shit if it has a warranty :tup:

saved me 10K, and i have a bumper to bumper warranty from july last summer until jan. 2011

All WRX models 06 & 07 have the 4 pots.

Bingo. I just looked at mine 20 minutes ago. It’s amazing the amount of people that comment on the red calipers.

Does this mean i can buy your saab :stuck_out_tongue:

:word: :smash2: Don’t be stupid Daze.