whats your utility bills like?

Got a 2br upper in west seneca. The downstairs neighbors have kids, and they think that means their house needs to be kept at 74 degrees. I leave the door open and let it radiate into my kitchen, lol.

I keep our heat at 55 degrees during the day when nobody is home, and 60 degrees when we are here.

A little chilly for some, but its fine if you are wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt.

Last bill was 109 bucks for gas. We also have a gas hot water tank.

I think thats pretty damn good.

For electric, i switched every bulb to those energy savings bulbs. Electric was 51 bucks last month, and I have 3 computers that run non stop.

kevin716 and I have a lower duplex here in amherst, our gas bills for 65* house when we are there, and the heat totally off when we leave…the bill is about $85 a month. electric is about $50

Electric…$42…Gas $160…I need to get a cool programmable thermostat so I can set my temps for night and day…I usually keep it around 70…Gas Stove, Furnace and Water Heater

2400 sq/ft house, gas hot water heater, gas stove electric double oven.

Programmable thermostat, 71 when we’re home (sat, sun, evenings), 66 from 8am to 4:30pm M-F, 68 from 11pm to 5:30am M-F. I’ve read that doing more than a 5 degree differential with your programmable thermostat will actually cost more, because everything in your house gets cold and takes more energy to warm back up.

Last gas bill, $141.38. Not on budget plan because I like having a low natural gas bill in the summer. I spend the extra money on gas for the boat.

Electric is usually around $100. Our old dishwasher and “oldish” dryer are probably costing me a lot to run. I just switched several lights in the house, the ones we have on the most, to those energy savers.

1700 sqft house; $120/mo electric, $140/mo for gas in winter… Gas stove, furnace, water heater, and dryer; and for electric: 2 desktops running constantly, and 2 55G aquariums constant, plus a live-in gf that loves to leave lights and TVs on…

Damn 60 degrees is mighty chilly

1800 square foot house
Oil furnace. I might spend $250/month in the dead of winter. Not sure what it averages over the whole winter. Probably under $180.
Electric dryer, hot water tank, stove $150/month

There isn’t a gas line to my house.

woaaahh, u keep it at 60… and people complain that my house is cold at a nightly 62-63. lol

for my house (2,000+ sq feet):

the gas bill is usually $ 250 in the winter (and we have all new windows installed).

elec is about $ 100. 3 roomates, many tvs, stereos, video games, washer/dryer etc. always going.

cable+internet is about $ 130. doh.

3 bedroom duplex- electric 100, gas in winter 130 (keep at 68 all the time)

4200 ish sq ft, half is a basement

2 zones - 2 HVAC systems

my side is always like, 60

other side always like, 68

1 water heater

electric last month : 380
Gas last month : 360

i only have to pay electric, which is usually 30 bucks a month

I don’t pay my bills. My wife takes care of all that.

Last I heard we paid $170 for gas (big old house, radiant heat, wife who likes to crank it up when I am not home) $45 for electricity (changing to fluorecsent bulbs helped) water…no clue

$113 budgeted a month for gas.
$75-80 a month for electricty.

I like it warm, I keep my place at 70 degrees.

2100 sq ft town house, $75/mo (winter or summer), no gas, keep it about 68 deg all the time (in the winter)

suckas

You must have good windows and insulation. I had to put the window insulation on because mine are like swiss cheese.

$103 for electric, keep the 833 sqft apartment at 72° year round, no gas just electric, washer/dryer, HWH, Stove, everything(I hate electric stoves)

about 130 a month for electric…i have electric heat and a electric hot water tank

My old man lives in Tampa, the utilities may not be bad but the CoL is pretty high.

Its not as bad as you would think, food is cheaper(depending on where you go) gas is cheaper, alcohal is more expensive, its the home owners that will kill you.

Which is why I am out of here in may and most likely on to dallas

His house is around 300k and when you add on top the hurricane insurance and all that, it gets crazy expensive. He is planning on heading to Savanah, Georgia.