Which turbo for the best price?MKIV 1.8t

Ok, So i have a 1.8t jetta 2002.5 .I have decided to piece together a turbo kit that is somewhat reliable.I was thinking a gt28r or something along those lines.Hp i want would be 270ish.I am not looking for a monster set up just faster then my little paper weight . Would realistically happening during summer .

Which turbo should i go with?

Companies ?

Kits ?

WHy not look at compressor maps for turbos and see which one will give the ammount of power you want in the time/powerband you want it

This is what I am looking at once I get that red hunk of metal back together: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-201&Category_Code=VVWTK

any pictures of that thing looking all sad?

+1 lets see some carnage

That seems like a very good price !!

I like how it bolts up to most of the stock and its in the oem location

Get the APR turbo kit.

http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/tvk04.html

Then get it chipped.

Exactly. Awesome price compared to what you would spend through APR/EIP, etc. That’s what I was going to do, until I found that other kit. Way better deal. Annnddddd, Seth (from Moon) is at EPL now, so there is your tune. :clap

I’ll get some pictures of the Jetta destruction it and throw them up on here in the next few days.

im not touching this…

1.8t sucks anyway get a VR man

I actually prefer my 1.8t because I’m a ricer and I love the sound of turbo spool/my diverter valve.

but the vr is the sound of babys being punched:clap

APR RAPES in prices !

I would only get the chipping programs not the turbo kits. Probably eurodyne

I have the 93 oct chip and i love it so far , but i am maxed out on my baby turbo .So looking to see what you guys/girls have found.I was looking at CTS or Kinetics.

i said i wasnt going to toucht his, but there is so much mis info in here. awesome.

CTS is Clay, formerly of Kinetic motorsport. he just sells the kinetic stuff.

your APR software wont work very well, youll have to spend either 750 for a 93 octane Eurodyne.ca or like 850 for the Unitronic program.

the ATP eliminator2 is a LAG MONSTER even in 28RS form, due to the restrictive k03 manifold/uppipe combo. but still better than the original Eliminator, atleast now it uses a proper turbine housing and not a modified k03 housing.

the CTS kit is very affordable, but the manifold isnt the best quality. get the Garrett 50trim, not the Rototrasher. keep boost in the 15-20psi range or youll chance windowing the block on stock rods. stock clutch wont be too happy for very long. the 02J clutch sucks.

Its not a stock clutch its the ecs stage 2. Yea still looking around, will have the major money in the summer .

ok, still a pretty stock clutch. will hold up for a bit at the 270-300hp range as long as you dont abuse it

www.pagparts.com

Yea thats what I’m looking to make in power .I will probably eventually get a new clutch cause it will most likely beat up with a big turbo

dont launch it every chance you get and itll be fine. im assuming you have a SMFW now, so getting a good clutch is easy. Clutch-net Ez-lock 6puck, with a 2x red PP. its good for like 475lbft. same clutch i picked up for my car, but mine is for the O2M 6speed.

what ever turbo kit you get, I better get a ride this year! :excited