WTB: Engine... What have you got??

I need an engine for my car since mine blew up the day before yesterday. Im still establishing a budget. But Im going to have around a grand to spend to put it in, maybe $1500. Im just trying to figure out whats out there that might work for me. My car is an 89 and had the original 290+kms SOHC in it. Im not interested in putting another SOHC into though, so Im looking for a KA or a KA-t I guess unless someone has an SR they want to get rid of real bad… I need the motor by the weekend…

for that price I am thinking you are only going to find a KaDe, but this is the time of year when you should be able to find a nice one pretty easly.

best of luck

thats kinda what I thought… I have source a motor locally for about $600 Im trying to figure out how much I can build the turbo setup for…

u can get kade’s for 300 with tranny…mine has only 160 000km’s on it and thats what i paid

save up a little more money and get the RB20

agreed…1500 gets u the engine…now u just need some mckinny mounts and install

To be honest if you think a RB20 realisticly falls into a price point of " Maybe 1500". there will be a lot more to buy as well as work on.
Just get a nice Low KM KaDe

interested in an sr? near complete, let me know if you want it. for 1500 you can have everything ive got.

youde only need to buy 200-300 in more parts (starter, cas, ps bracket, and turbo/manifold) and your set.
pm me if your interested

hey matty if you want that manifold back you can have it so it will help your sale.

“starter, cas, ps bracket, and turbo/manifold”

thats only 200-300 worth of parts?

get a rb20 you can find a complete on from tigerjapanese.com for about $1300 get a cross member from gtrcanada or ebay.mckinny has a engine mount kit but goes for about 500usd =( You can also bolt the rb20 to the KA tranny but all the bolt won’t bolt on.i know some people in the states who has done that.

i swap a rb20 or rb25 NEO if i can find a mint rolling chassis

the mounts are cake for anyone who can do basic fab work

also need a driveshaft though

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/185294

Will bolt in using stock mounts and R32 crossmember.
you can also use aftermarket ones from companies such as McKinney and TopHat

Will use stock 5 speed driveshaft

yeah an rb20 swap is jsut as easy as sr, except for the need of rad fans and a cross member… which if u got a clip is no problem… and as always u can get me to wire because i rock that.

yo if you want a motor to get you rolling til you save some more loot or for you to decide want you want to drop in,
i got a kade $100 and its yours bro let me know…

Elon 4169083002
peace