kade vd kae turbo?

A friend of mine said that the sohc could potentially be better than the dohc to turbo, I just bought a parts car cuz the kid told me it was the ka24de, he had no idea what that even meant. Anyways now i got this kae sittin around, and im wondering if that motor would be a better motor to build rather than the kade. Sorry if this has already been covered, i did see the sr vs rb vs ka vs ca, but i was askin more specifically with a little more info on just these 2 engines, thanks

www.ka-t.org

an E will give you more lower end tourque. Thats about it. Unless it’s a perfect new motor (which most E’s are not), it will likely pop under mild to moderate boost. Don’t waste money on it. Then again do whatever you want, I’ll just laugh at the appropriate time.

modified mag, if i can find the issues i’ll show you, had a s13 with a ka24e turbo making 14psi. they didn’t seem to have a problem, but an unlimited budget would also be a major factor. if you have the money to spend on the pistons, valves and turbo then go for it. but if your gonna turbo, u might as well buy an sr20. ka24e is a nice motor, but for the most part, you’d be wasting your time. unless mone isn’t an object. how much you want for the ka24e? i’m rebuilding mine and a parts motor is what i need!!

$125 for the motor and tranny still in the chassis, pm’d you with more details

**** that my friend is at 10 psi and beats the piss out of his sohc ka24e and has no problems and if u look hard eneough u can get a metal head gasket for it. he beats on it so bad and it takes it. and its high k and NOOO Prob

if ur looking for a better then stock head gasket, ebay has a kit for 70$, i bought one, the head gasket looks pretty solid, there’s a black metal ring around each piston and goldish color metal rings around the coolent holes. i havn’t put it in yet, i’m waiting for head bolts, flywheel and a clutch before i put it in. plus more new parts. it’ll be easier to change the gasket with the motor pulled, which i’m pretty much gonna have to do to get at the clutch anyways.

has anyone ever super charged a ka24e or even a 240 for that matter? u can get the turbo look a like super charger, or a real super charger, anyone have either of those on a 240? google sts turbo. i want one of these.

supercharger takes power to make power, stick to the snail and u will have fun

i understand that, but instead of waiting for the turbo to boost up, u’d have power at the pedal. even if u could tue it up to 7-10 psi thats still the same as a stock sr20 turbo. u just don’t have to wait for it.

A friend of mine said that the sohc could potentially be better than the dohc to turbo, I just bought a parts car cuz the kid told me it was the ka24de, he had no idea what that even meant. Anyways now i got this kae sittin around, and im wondering if that motor would be a better motor to build rather than the kade. Sorry if this has already been covered, i did see the sr vs rb vs ka vs ca, but i was askin more specifically with a little more info on just these 2 engines, thanks

www.ka-t.org

an E will give you more lower end tourque. Thats about it. Unless it’s a perfect new motor (which most E’s are not), it will likely pop under mild to moderate boost. Don’t waste money on it. Then again do whatever you want, I’ll just laugh at the appropriate time.

modified mag, if i can find the issues i’ll show you, had a s13 with a ka24e turbo making 14psi. they didn’t seem to have a problem, but an unlimited budget would also be a major factor. if you have the money to spend on the pistons, valves and turbo then go for it. but if your gonna turbo, u might as well buy an sr20. ka24e is a nice motor, but for the most part, you’d be wasting your time. unless mone isn’t an object. how much you want for the ka24e? i’m rebuilding mine and a parts motor is what i need!!

$125 for the motor and tranny still in the chassis, pm’d you with more details

**** that my friend is at 10 psi and beats the piss out of his sohc ka24e and has no problems and if u look hard eneough u can get a metal head gasket for it. he beats on it so bad and it takes it. and its high k and NOOO Prob

if ur looking for a better then stock head gasket, ebay has a kit for 70$, i bought one, the head gasket looks pretty solid, there’s a black metal ring around each piston and goldish color metal rings around the coolent holes. i havn’t put it in yet, i’m waiting for head bolts, flywheel and a clutch before i put it in. plus more new parts. it’ll be easier to change the gasket with the motor pulled, which i’m pretty much gonna have to do to get at the clutch anyways.

has anyone ever super charged a ka24e or even a 240 for that matter? u can get the turbo look a like super charger, or a real super charger, anyone have either of those on a 240? google sts turbo. i want one of these.

supercharger takes power to make power, stick to the snail and u will have fun

i understand that, but instead of waiting for the turbo to boost up, u’d have power at the pedal. even if u could tue it up to 7-10 psi thats still the same as a stock sr20 turbo. u just don’t have to wait for it.