WTB: Gaming Computer

and Solid state drives are awsome but just to fuckin exspensive…

Oh and it doesnt matter in his case…

But say when I was playing COD4 or CSS or Even now Americas Army 3… My integrated card doesnt offer virtual 5.1… my X-Fi does

My headphones are 2 speakers not 5.1 and Virtual 5.1 changes the pattern of sound waves so that when the game is set to 5.1 it emulates the other 3 speakers tricking your brain with the sound waves…

That way I can distinguish sounds in front of me, behind me or next to me vereses right and left

Plus the sound is crisper :tongue

My old MSI mobo had 5.1 sound…and that’s 4 years old now…

And yes…SSDs are fucking $$$, but the other day newegg had a deal on them, 64gig SSD for like $115, I jumped on it and bought 2. I’m looking forward to my sub 20 second boot times.

All I know is that it plays 100% of everything out there today on max settings. That’s pretty crazy, seeing as Crysis and such are some really GPU intensive games.

I priced out a similar spec’ed machine and it’s a hair under $1k. Wow prices have cut in half lol.

Anyway, for $600 (since my machine is used), I’m not willing to sell it. I won’t be able to build anything as good for $600.

For comparison sake, I spent $500 and $600 on my 2GB of DDR3 Memory and Video Card respectively.

My video card has 2300mhz memory clock and 500 core clock. Everything else is basically identical to the card Shady posted.

Oh well lol. I love being in IT, but I hate the fact that crap becomes so much cheaper after like 1 or 2 months lol.

Just stick to onboard sound, it’s pretty good. My DFI Lanparty board is a couple years old now and it has a 8.1 channel (I think) sound module that plugs into the motherboard. So it’s called onboard sound but actually the sound electronics are isolated from the main board. Good stuff.

It goes with the territory man its like selling a car… you may have put 10 grand into it but that doesnt mean your going to get 10 grand or close to it… youll get maybe a little over book value

Yeah I know, but I didn’t think it fell by 50%.

I was thinking a comparable system was around $1400 these days instead of $2200.

I haven’t been keeping up with my hardware though since I haven’t had to build any machines since I built one last May (basic internet/movie machine).

Its funny since I got into the IT field ive been keeping up less and less on acctualy performance computer parts and more on buying prebuilt buisness systems at cheap prices lol

Budget woes at the office huh?

Same here. I keep trying to swindle my Dell rep into selling me more for less, every time. lol.

Ehh not really but weve switched over to lenovo from dell and just wait for some sweet deals…

We have a lenovo rep but we usualy jut go out on our own and find deals…

Dell fucked us over on about 30 machines so we no longer do any buisness with them

OMG u n00bs its IRACING dammit not idriver, not iracer

jesus christ

and the physics in iracing are better than live for speed, soryr… im a fan of LFS more than any racing sim but u have to keep it real and iracing has better physics

and if im right, shady u never tried it, i played it for a few months when i had my g25 last year

that “gaming racing sim” setup above looks like a waste , wtf are u gonna use a flight sim joystick for, the desk is ok

illya, your pc was great when u built it in 07, thats really good specs, the 8800ultra was a great video card for a1 year which is really hard to do these days…

BUT the pc isnt anything special now, the pc i built jammer for 800 or so dollars would run cirlces around that pc all day long sadly… dont get me wrong it sucks, i spent 6grand on my pc last year and already 1200 on it this year in some minor upgrades… and i dont even claim to have a “crazy computer” it just sucks the way tech goes !

but at least i think i have the fastest pc on shift :slight_smile: maybe… probably

he needs it for a racing game, not for flying planes :lol i love the dell monitors :lol and they have the same headphones in that pic i used to use :stuck_out_tongue:

logitech G25 or better will be the best wheel setup / shifter / pedal etc that your going to want to use with iracing for sure

they have more expensive setups but they are alot more expensive over 500 dollars usually, logi g25 always seems the best choice

Like I said, to me crazy = being able to run any program and any game with ease which my machine still does. It’s 2 years old and can still handle everything thrown at it.

Buy Crysis.
Set settings to max.
Watch computer cry.
Turn settings down.
Enjoy game.
Profit.

Truth!!!

Somebody needs to build a motion simulator, I have plans and some parts already. Just dont have the time.

yea that might be true but u cant run most new games that came out last year or this year, especially gtaiv and crysis , i mean fuck i maxed out crysis last year and was getting 50fps on a 22inch screen… horrible man

now i better be getting something better than that, but an 8800ultra would drop to its knees in a second, in its day when they made them the 8800 would pwn anything but video cards are no good for more than 1 year

i have just sucked it up and upgrade each year to a new card, usually the best one out

You guys musta missed the part where I said I can play COD4 and Crysis on Max settings?

I’m talking like FULL OUT MAX. Not one glitch. Running full speed, everything is smooth as butter.

You guys underestimate my video card lol. I’m not lying.

DX10 + 2300mhz clock + 600mhz core clock + 768MB = win. No issues. If anything is going to slow me down, it’s going to be my slow as SATA HD which seems to be getting slower and slower every day. I need to upgrade that.

Also, DDR3 memory helps quite a bit when it comes to new games.

I have yet to find a game I can’t run on Max settings.

There is no way you maxed it out, you would need two of your video cards in SLI

I’ll have to install it and shoot video from my camera (won’t be best quality) for you guys.

I’ll work on that.

What resolution do you run it at? If you say 800x600 Ima slap you.