.0075 seconds > us.

well, jay, pat and I went to englishtown nj to race the 240. jay was driver, i was crew chief and pat was the team owner/crew help according to the tech sheet :slight_smile:

we were running in quick 16 class, which meant anything could run in it as long as it went quicker than 11.99

sounds easy enough, right? well, the majority of the cars were rotory powered toyota starlets/datsun 1200 or old tercels. i have never seen so many of these cars in my life let alone running as good as these were.

after 1st round of qualifing, we were 3rd w/ a 11.22 @ 135.96 mph. 60 foot was bad-- 2.0

2nd round we dropped to 5th, only going 11.4 @ 129. better 60, 1.9, but car got out of the groove so had to back peddle.

3rd round, we got a stilll poor 60-- 1.9, but the run was a wash again, i forget what happened. So we ended up being the #8 qualifier.

I counted atleast 22 cars trying to run our class. between cars that broke, or didnt make the cut, only 11 cars made the field. we were the quickest piston powered car if i rememebr correctly.

so the 1st round is setup sportman’s bracket-- 1 vs 8, 2 vs 9 etc etc to make for closer racing. This is also liek bracket racing for the 1st round-- as your best qualifying run is your dial in, but you are allowed to breakout up to .5 seconds-- this si to keep peopel from sandbagging-- and it did happen as a car that only went 11.xxx’s yesterday went 10.2’s today-- and was dq’d. The 1st round is handiapped, so slower car gets the head start based on qualifing, and 1st to the line wins(i.e. your not trying to hit the number). This si somewhat liek the efi drags setup. However, from 2nd round on, it is straight up heads up. so our 11.2 could run a 8.50 car in the 2nd round.

being we went a best of 11.2, and we ran the #3 guy who went 9.2. He also won the quick 16 race atteh summer slam event @ e-town w/ a 9.2 run. so he is consisitent

After looking at our results fromt he previous day, we decided to come out of the hole on the 2 stage set higher. this lead to great results-- 1.6 60 foot time. Jay also tree’d the opponent, giving us the starting lead. However, the boost controller acted up, and basically fucked us over. our 330 foot time was .4 seconds quicker than the 11.2 slip. at the 1/8th, we were about even, but the mph was down by 8 mph. playback on the data showed the boost controller failed, allowing a boost spike which in turn triggered knock sensor which pulled back timing to save the motor, but we lost the power needed.

Even running as a "lame’ duck, the race was close. however, we got beat by .0075 seconds at the line.

got tons of pics, race cars and random hookers’ asses. will post up later. my favorite car was the #1 qualifier for our class-- and old mg roadster rotorary powered running 8.5’s

Man that sucks. Its cool that he tree’d that guy though. cant wait to see pics
:boink

:bowdown:

nice

awesome guys. can’t wait for norwalk when we can all run classes that are competitive and have a shot at some cash

if you win you should blow you winnings on coke and hookers.

if you buy a car maybe you could acheive your goal of spending winnings on coke and hookers but you will not live your dreams through me sorry

wow so close

that sucks!! but still awsome that u guys were there

awesome

All of these HD cars coming out of the woodwork and making good appearances are sure to put you guys on the map.

:bigok:

Congrats.

that’s pimp… you write pretty good for a crew cheif.