'06 Subaru Impreza Sti

This thread is starting life as a feeler, but if someone handed me cash I wouldn’t say no. The asking price at this point isnt negotiable, but I am wiling to take the gauges out for a reduction in price, as these would be the only pieces that would work in my next vehicle.

The car started life as a 95% stock/garage kept vehicle with a catback and a innovative street tune. I purchased the car in september of 2010 with the intention of keeping it a DD. This past summer, I attended 3 track days with the car and got hooked, but after that, the oil pickup broke and destroyed the engine and turbo. I rebuilt the car from the motormounts up with the following parts adding up to about $10k. Most importantly, the oil pickup has been replaced with the WAY over engineered killerB piece so this issue will NEVER happen again.

The car was being built to be stone cold reliable at track days. The reason I am selling it is because after an extensive review of my financial situation, I have come to the conclusion that I can not afford to track such an expensive car with my salary (I still owe money on it), so I am probably switching to a spec miata as a track car and will be getting a used SUV for a tow vehicle/DD.

---- Cobb Accessport with conservative dyno tunes from innovative tuning (street and track) $1000
----Megan racing downpipe $250
---- Invidia up-pipe $125
---- AMS catback $450
---- Defi-racer 52mm oil pressure, oil temperature, and boost gauges $750
---- AEM uego AFR gauge $250
---- ATI clock pod/AEM single a-pillar pod $150
---- ngk plugs 6668 lfr6a
---- Walbro 255 fuel pump $80
---- Motul rbf600 brake fluid $14/qt
---- Hawk dtc-60 front pads for the track/Hawk hp+ for street $240/ea
---- Technafit stainless steel brake lines $120
---- Dunlop Direzza star-spec tires with about 50% life left
---- Brand New OEM shortblock $1900 (08+ nitride crank version)
---- CP forged pistons $550
---- FP hta68 w/ 8cm hotside $1000
---- Group N Motor mounts $150
---- Injectors (dw 740’s) $500
---- Gasket set $200
---- Oil pump $100
---- New OEM oil pan $70
---- Arp head studs $120
---- Stainless steel AVCS/Oil line kit $50
---- Heat wrap and coating for Up/down pipe $50
---- Killer B oil pickup $210
---- Gimmick turbo inlet $200
---- Cobb short ram intake with new K&N filter
---- Samco intercooler hose kit $150
---- Grimspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid $120
---- Innovative tuning oil cooler kit with thermostatic sandwich plate $500
---- Cusco Turbo Heat shield $50
---- new Exedy clutch less than 10k miles ago
---- Brand new OEM upstream o2 sensor (original was damaged when we pulled the motor) $150
---- The trans fluid was replaced with extra-s (arguably the best for subaru 6mt)
---- Perrin wing stiffies $90
---- Hella Supertones

The car has I believe 110k on the clock, but I will change that once I get a chance to go out and look. Only 3500 miles on the new motor. The motor was broken in properly with a breakin tune from innovative tuning with a 4krpm redline for 2800 miles-- oil changed with Dino oil at 50, 200, and 1000 miles. Amsoil 10w40 at 2000 and brad Penn at 3000. Napa Gold filters are my filter of choice.

The dreaded issue with broken/stripped front caliper bolts is not an issue on this car as they came out clean, and were heavily never-ceased and torqued back to spec.

The car immediately got dyno tuned and produced 296hp and I think 300tq. I will have to email innovative tuning to get the dyno graph to post. This is an extremely conservative tune for the track, and it is only at 19lbs of boost at 74% injector duty cycle. The car boosts just like stock but has about 85 more HP than a stock 08 sti on innovative’s dyno. Throw some e85 at this thing and it will really come to life. The car has not been driven in a month to keep it out of the salt-- so the motor has not been subjected to the winter yet. The car was a pleasure to work on with VERY little rust underneath. There is a rust bubble developing underneath the wing, but every sti of this generation that I have seen has the same exact issue in the same place. The car has never been to the drag strip so I have no clue what kind if numbers it puts down. A friend of mine has a VERY similar setup with about 15 less HP and he runs mid 8’s at lancaster.

Build Thread
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?225470-Not-another-Sti-track-day-car-build

Dyno pull
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b3…922_163107.mp4

Racking thru the gears at simulated 10% grade to check for knock under heavy load. There was none.
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b3…922_164010.mp4

I have parts that are not included with the sale, but can be for an added cost. Thule roof rack with ski(or snowboard, not sure) thingies, spare set of sandblasted/ready for paint BBS wheels, asa wheels (winter), 2 sets of snows, old shortblock that can probably be rebuilt with very little hassle (dont even know if its damaged-- ran fine when pulled). Im sure theres plenty more that I am forgetting.

At this time I am asking $21,500. I will take off $750 for the gauges (owner keeps pods). Again, I am not in a hurry to sell so I will ignore lowballs. I have seen stock sti’s regularly go for 3-4k less than this in the same condition so I think the work that is done should bridge the gap in value-- as I am still taking a $5k hit at this price. I will not entertain ANY trades unless you happen to have a logbooked/caged miata laying around.

If I get my asking price, the car will be detailed inside and out prior to purchase by Mike at Auto Aesthetica - http://www.detailwny.com/. If anyone has seen his work, you will know the value of this.

Are you interested in selling your xtra set of wheels/snow tires?

Whats your timeline? I have a potential buyer for next week lined up-- and am giving him his selection of which snows/tires he wants.

Still available.

This is a nice car that was built properly. I will vouch for the car and the seller. This is a good deal.

Sold.