08 Can Am Renegade.

Thinking about picking this bad boy up to replace the Blaster. Anyone have any input about these things? Rumor has it that these have over heating problems and a weak frame. Not sure if the 08 has these problems or not.

Hard to pull the trigger on a $10,000 machine (for the cheaper model).

http://www.travelizmo.com/archives/can-am-renegade-800-atv-2008.jpg

I don’t have much to add besides the fact that one of the races teams I was on had a Can-Am 650 4x4 not sure what model, it was a 2008 though. The thing was friggen awesome.

I’m not a fan of race 4-wheelers but riding utility quads is fun as fuck

This is more of a cross over. It has speed like a race quad but is on par with huge 4x4s as far as mudding goes. The Renegade really is the ultimate machine.

The rear trailing arms are week, You can re-enforce them or swap them out with the stronger x package ones they come re-enforced.
Get the 800, the 500 has no balls.
The Cam in the clutch is a hard plastic and will get destoryed if you get stuck and put pressure on it.
Thats all I recall going wrong with them.
People over heat them because that rad gets packed with mud easy, wash it out with a house and make sure air can flow.
I used to work at a can - am dealer anything else just ask

Sledmiere - Outlander 650

lol. atleast if you read it aloud its good info…

that quad looks awesome

I just wish they didn’t cost so much new. little off-topic- I have a brute force 650sra, I can ride it pretty hard but its still a heavy quad. Biggest problem is diving front end in turns. Its actually pretty neutral in the air. Then again I can also putt around if I want and not have to ride/feather the clutch. I also plow the driveway with it. I know my 650 is quick, pulls a 660 raptor out of the hole till about 45-50 then it creeps past me. The 800 can-am is real quick, makes good power. You will be surprised how fast it is. Will run with or even beat any stock sport quad in a drag. Check forums for updates/problems on them. If you want a fun machine that is easy to drive and still have the power then go for it. If you want to fly threw the air then move on to something else.

haha. after washing it out with a house no wonder it over heats…

Sorry, I was at work typing blind. I’m surprised its not worse.
FYI : Its not a submarine

for 10 grand i would nothing goes wrong with these things, im jsut imagining what else i can do with 10 grand =D

What can you do better with 10 grand than buy toys?

man, 10g on a quad. thats a lot. I hope if/when I get lots of disposable income I dont forget that there are used items out there that are just as good as new.

Many people on this site have spend around 14k for their brand new sportbikes.

Honest to god, I have more fun riding my teeny 200cc 2-stroke blaster than my big bad 1000cc R1.

lol. who?

You have a new bike don’t you?

If so, you…

I like turtles

i meant 10 grand on a quad, id rather have a new bike, i think a ducati is 14 grand tho

edit: buy it and put a laser on it

Props to NYStanger for finding this vid.

Keep in mind that this is a 700lb machine.

wow im more impressed with how the RZR took the landing.

I’ve never spent more than 10k on a bike, nowhere near that much actually lol.

man 80 feet isnt that far. I have done jumps that big before and had no idea how far it was. lol