Looking into getting an ATV...

Well with me moving out of the project car deal, I’ll now have time and space to keep one. I’ve always wanted one but never really had a place for one.

I’ve never actually ridden one first hand although I have been on the back of a few and loved it.

What should I be looking at getting? I’m most likely going used.

I’m 6’4 so fitting on it is an issue. Power? I want something that I won’t get bored of, but I don’t want something I can’t handle.

I’m mainly looking into sport quads for trails around the area.

Anybody have any suggestions? I’d LOVE a banshee but I think they’re a bit too much for me to handle, and probably a bit expensive. Blaster?

Thanks!

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46410&highlight=r1

you’re welcome.

I’d like to live lol.

I’d LOVE to get a bike, but again way too much for me to handle.

there is no fuckin way your ass would fit on a blaster fo sho. those are for lil kids imo. very lame unless they are modded to fuck. which like anything else will equal alot of things breaking.

Yamaha makes the best quads. 350’s are very reasonable for a beginner but everyone gets sick of them. get a 660. they go for around 2 or 3 g’s if they are solid and you will not be overwhelmed by a stocker, but w/mods they can get fast quick and cheap. if you want an idea. ill fill up the tires with air on my quad. i got some space in my yard come take my quad for a rip. just to get you an idea of what its like b4 you buy anything.:hitit:

That would be awesome!
I’m thinking a raptor would be insanely fast, but I don’t really have anything to gauge that by.

they are definitly fast but if you have any common sense im sure you can handle. i never rode a quad in my life till i bought mine. i was used to it pretty quick. i got real fuckin cocky on it and had a super nasty fall i learned to respect it after that. ill be around prolly the rest of the week seeing as im on vacation from work and school. i live in alden. come ride my quad.

if im not mistaken its one of three or four in western new york.

How far out are you from West seneca? I’m free all week until about 4 on friday.

bout 30 mins or so. take union to clinton drive for about 25 mins youll be there. i have to get the quad a new rear bar and shit but it runs perfect. just had it piped and tuned a few months ago.

Not too bad of a drive. I’d love to come check it out. Buying new would be awesome but I’m not sure how much payments would be on something like that.

Looks like I’m gonna see what I’m getting myself into this week :slight_smile:

ladies and gentleman I give you MikeRi24 Jr.:picard:

Maybe you should find out my actual financial situation before you making false accusations.:picard:

So your putting an Ls1 on a quad?:wiggle:

(thats not a serious question)

Anyways I remember you saying you were upgrading to an ls1.
Quads are cool if you have a place to ride them.

wayyy OT, I use to think your old avatar(the guy who looked all shocked) was actually a picture of you, I don’t know why hahaha

lol, That was JDMjunkie in my old sig. I REALLY wanted a fast car so I bounced around from a 1g talon to a turbo bmw to wanting an ls1 to wanting an evo. Now I kind of lost all real wants for a fast car. Racing is dangerous and I can’t afford more tickets, as I’m fairly close to losing my license as is.

Right now I think my best bet is to finish up the small things I’m doing to my GTI, have fun tracking it and go buy a fun toy to go play in the mud with some friends and possibly some members on here soon.

I know I bounced around alot but I had a close call with stupidity in my GTI the other day and I just said fuck it, not worth it.

yeah people talk about me having more plans that change then anyone else.
I went from a gbody to 3 different honda crxs with different plans, 2 different f bodys, and now im right back to a gbody hahahaha.
Sometimes we cant make up our minds until its to late.
Atleast you didnt buy all the cars I did then regret buying them.
Hahah the only person who buys and sells more cars then I do in short periods is Estrovio (jojo)

If the reason you called it off was to refocus your finances, than I give this a massive picard. From what I recall, that was the situation…

Seriously :ham:

an ATV is ALOT cheaper than an LS1 anything.

Then I sold some crap I didn’t need, and got a better paying job. I’m in the clear now. This is way cheaper than another project car too.

steve, youre not 6’4. 6’1 MAYBE