09 Ford Edge Sport

I really like the look of this truck. All I wanna know is if it has a 4.6L V8 under the hood which I doubt.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/09edgesport_03_mr_1280.jpg

:lol: @ calling it a “truck”

Crossover sorry

not a bad upgrade

no only available with the new 3.5 ltr

:picard: at you for saying the patriots would win

it’s a truck compared to a car…

anyways I like it

NM, if a v8 was a option I would turn my focus in and save for one. It would have been fords competition for a TBSS which I love but I’m a ford guy at heart

That shade of blue on that edge is sweet.

You’re going to see a lot less V8’s. Welcome to the new CAFE rules.

That being said, I’d really like to replace the Expedition with an Edge with the vista roof option. That sport looks real sharp. Hopefully it will keep the 3500lb tow rating.

that works out good…says it will be out in fall right about time for my current edge lease to run out…might have to step up to a edge sport…

That actually had a chance to happen, this was never a truck :cjerk:

that will be recieving the D35TT 340hp/340tq it may later on get the D30TT due to emissions and will likely get a turbo diesel for its next major redisign in 3 or 4 years.

edit:the 4.6 will not be going in any front drive applications, the the only other engine that was used for front drive was soposed to go in the taurus a couple years ago but after testing mules with that engine it weas found to be too costly and they scrapped the project. RIP 4.4L V8 yamaha. volvo still uses it in their S80 and their crossover but that is it. That is probably one of the best sounding V8’s i’ve ever herd though.

OK, a TT v6 aint too bad either. I wonder what this thing is gonna cost. I see this thing being like 40K seeing that a loaded edge now is like 34.

I’m not sure where you guys are getting all these wild motor options from. Reading various articles online this sounds like cosmetic mods only.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8UJVOKG0.htm

Which I’m fine with since it would keep the price down. If you want a sports car buy a sports car, not an SUV with a big motor.

No more special than say a Windstar “Sport” in that it’s appearance only. Not to say the D35 is a slouch, but it doesn’t make it terribly special compared to a standard edge which comes with that engine standard now.

ford employes that are on SHOforum? I have no reason to doubt them they have been right about everything for the last 3 years or so.

for the sport model it still has a ton of wheel gap. and 22"s yay!

SVT version w/mesh grille Round foglights, SVT SUSPENTION and ecoboost v6 and id consider it.

ford discontinued SVT. So dont get your hopes up. When ford did that, thats when there line up went to shit