$1000 in pennies. $950

LOng shot here.
Will sell you $1000 of pennies for $950. Can drop off or meet you in the tonawanda/Grand Island area. Many lots available.
Serious post.
Derek 628 3448

Why?

Because they are face value, they have no copper content.

Mistero…can you find a bank to drop them on? They would surely hate you, just try to go to a branch you’ll never use again. LOL.
Or maybe use Coinstar and get a gift certificate so you don’t have to pay the almost 10% fee?
Just a few thoughts.

Coinstar has Lowes giftcards

Long shot here, I’ll take $20,000 worth. Serious post.

$1k profit minus gas and any effort spent finding a new bank after the coin dump/dumps?

Federal law requires any bank / gov’t facility to take them no matter what, if they don’t you can call the cops and fuck them over hardcore.

I’ve done it before when i paid an unjust parking ticket. coinage act of 1986 i think it was called

ya i will take all of them

If any of the other guys fall through I’ll take them

If you guys are serious send me a pm or text
Derek

Is there a reason why you’re not taking these to a bank? It’s all I would do with them.

It’s “legal tender” so yeah it’s mandatory they accept it. But knowing a few people that silver hunt and do bulk drops on banks…you do NOT want to be that guy if you actually use the branch for your other banking purposes. I imagine with OP it’s more about his time being more valuable than the $50 difference per batch. It’s not like they will just quickly take the coins and hand you cash I imagine. There may also be an element of desire for anonymity perhaps? How the hell do they even count $1k worth of pennies I wonder? And he has several K worth of them it would seem.

to be more specific:

It was the coinage act of 1965, not the previous

Title 31 (Money and Finance), Subtitle IV (Money), Chapter 51 (Coins and Currency), Subchapter I (Monetary System), Section 5103 (Legal Tender) of the United States Code states:
United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues

I paid a 250$ ticket with pennies, pic related just outside the clerks office.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20977[/ATTACH]

ROFL, that is awesome. Was there a reason you decided to pay in pennies? Make it more difficult for them or what not?
Man if that’s $250 I’d hate to see $20k in pennies. Gotta be a PITA to move them all.

if i told you why it will turn into another shitstorm

Fixed.

Awesome!

I have cash in hand.