10CFM=100HP?

i saw this on a locked post…and it no where close to reality to generalize with engines you can use a simple conversion that is very close to power output at sealevel 1.5cfm=1bhp that comes very close to what engines produce in reality…(some people use 1.6)

tuirbo engines like our 2.4l and 2.0l engines consume WAYYYYY more than 20cfm of air :slight_smile:

400hp=600cfm approx of air that has to be injested and moved about

in regards to intercoolers…i would always opt for thr intercooler that is the most efficient…and not worry about pressure drop or spool time…when that turbo is spooled up you are not going to notice a few more of less cubic feet of air space to take up…why…cause its moving a HUGE amount of air over time :slight_smile: …unless of course your not making much power then its a moot point

thats my 2c anyway

. sorry my mistake… as I said I was on allot of drugs and still am … what I meant to say was lbs not cfm… my fault. I think I did the same thing the other day too.

must stop trying to do technical related topics while under the influence of sudafed/neocitran and asprin…

so the correction is ( in a generalized form ) 10lbs = 100hp EG. a turbo that pushes 34lb/min air = 340hp. as I said, this is generalized and I’m sure anyopne can rejump on this and call me lair and break it down into a specific math equation that be good for one particular moment in time on that particular setup… but for general use, it’s fine…

but thanks for PMing me first about this ( ?? oh wait you didn’t ) I’ll make sure to return the favor at some point…

as for the IC ?? ’ most efficient ?? ’ in what way volumetric? thermal? space? lag % ??

also with a small engine and small turbo you will notice every drop, just like a V8 won’t notice a crank pully underdrive the way a 4 banger will… any drop in the IC system means that you need to recharge the pressure before it gets bac to full power in the chamber… normal everyday driving where your not all it then you don’t notice it, at the track or strip… you’ll notice it…