1800hp Mosler mt900s

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/nelson-racing’s-1800hp-mosler-mt900s

To achieve its power, the car uses dual fuel and turbocharging technology. Full boost pressure of 13psi delivers 1,800hp and 1,710ft-lbs of torque

how in the hell did they pick up 1200hp from 13psi of boost?

I’m sure SoloScoob can answer this.

This looks pretty cool as well.

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/GM/HUMMER/Odds/Hummer_HXX07CC_HM001.jpg

CFM > PSI

um its nelson racing engines. the design they used is spectacular. that is why they are producing the "turbo’ versions now. the head engineer at mosler was lost with his design. long story short it was an after cat turbo setup and was not very well “thought out”. i have more pics of the NRE turbo version:

the original design had them in the rear bumper/diffuser. lol

my $.02 about why the nelson runs 1800 and ours only ran like 600.lol; NRE prides themselves on actually building turbo setups that are design to be the most powerful/useful for the application they are building. the LS6 just responds well to boost i guess.

Because they werent K04’s. :smash2:

and they payed him as an engineer ?

Technologically: :tup:
Usefully: :tdown:

I mean honestly, WTF are you going to do with 1800 hp in 2500lb RWD car? I bet the 600hp version is faster around the track.

How truly un American…If 600 hp is good 1800 hp is better…:picard:

Grow a set :slight_smile:

:lol:

^ I suppose 1800HP would be great for dyno racing 1300HP Supras.

I really must be getting old if I’ve found a sports car where I’m saying, “That’s just too much HP”. I never thought I’d see myself say that.

I think its great. Way to be a downer, downer.

That is a sick car for the $$.

AROUND the track as in like turning and shit. Psssht lame, all we need is a 1/4 mile strip and 1800 hp could stick fo sho. I hope you hate yourself for atleast 20min for this weak statement.

werd

make the top end as free flowing as possible… 13psi is plenty

Guys you’re forgetting it’s easy to roll the power on as vehicle speed increases and decrease it during cornering and/or low speeds. Cars like this would certainly have the ability to do this. :wink: This year I’ll be using a multiple stage boost controller triggered by vehicle speed on the road course so I’m at spring pressure until I reach a certain speed and then on the straight, boost will go up. My HP change will only be around 100, but theirs could be as high as 1000 or so on a setup like that if they use low enough wastegate springs.

There is a turbo stang in MOMs that picks up 100hp every second he is on the throttle… its all in how you apply it.

With a wing like that, applying it is eazzzyyyy

I can’t remember exactly who said it but there is a quote somewhere along the lines of “You don’t have enough hp until you can leave black marks all the way down the longest straight on the course”