180sx rear valances - fitment **PICS**

So a variety of people have been commenting on supposed fitment issues with the 180sx Type X 3-piece rear valances. There have been no issues with the middle pieces, but just with the rear corner valances.

I have done a couple returns on them and decided to test fit them on a hatch that was in the shop today.

Please keep in mind that these are photos of a few sets of valances that drew complaints from people because of ‘fitment’ who were subsequently refunded.

here are the pictures:

http://bings.ca/images/fibreglass/180sx%20valances%20(1).jpg

In the following picture please keep in mind that the mounting points forward of the rear quarter for the mudflap are rusty and embossed for the mounting position of the mud flaps. you can clearly see that the amount by which the front of the valance sits forward of the quarter is equivalent to how far is sits forward of the rear bumper line. In other words, you simply have the flatten the front lower rusty quarter to make them line up… not rocket science and to be expected.

http://bings.ca/images/fibreglass/180sx%20valances%20(4).jpg

Same piece, differnet angle. You can see how the top of the valance follows the bottom of the body line, just as it should… some people mount them higher for some reason.

http://bings.ca/images/fibreglass/180sx%20valances%20(5).jpg

This is a different rear valance, also refund-accpeted by me. the purpose here is to show a pattern.

http://bings.ca/images/fibreglass/180sx%20valances%20(6).jpg

there is nothing wrong with the fitment people. Note ideal:

Please do not tell me you were expecting to simply use 3 bolts and have this thing fit like it rolled off the factory line.

Yes, some people use 4 bolts to put on their side skirts, their front lip and maybe even their wing. But the sad truth is that in order to do it properly you need to use proper automotive adhesives to attach the product, to seal the body lines and to hold them in the proper position.

There is NOTHING wrong with the fitment of the valances at all. A competent body person who is aware of the wonderful new adhesion products (NOT WINDOW URETHANE THANK YOU) available through 3M, Akzo Nobel or BASF should have absolutely no issue making these things work.

the only issue i can see is some very minor trimming to make the transition of the valance, as it wraps around the rear lower bumper, to make it flow smoother depending on how you mount it.

However, clearly you can see that the valance follows the line of the bumper.

As an example… please see the following link to the Richard Tang’s JDM RICE V.1

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/imgs/featcarA06.jpg

notice the black gasket between the fender flares and the body?

That piece doesnt come with the flares… your body shop is supposed to understand how to mount these pieces and use the appropriate methods to do so.

K? THX… BYE!

please note that the purpose of this thread is to quell fitment concerns about certain products.

I’ve worked with many FPR products, literally hundreds of body kits over the years, and i’ve seen some ACTUAL horror stories from VIS and Extreme Dimensions etc. etc.

When i was advised of the issues with these peices i assumed the worst.

This thread is to point out that; no it is not 3 bolts and go, but yes they line up fine and your body shop should not have a problem at all. If they do… get a new body shop

off topic. that’s a nice watch in the first pic

…lol

my father was cussing me out for it last weekend.

on another note, i showed these pictures to Jesse, who owned one of the sets and he didnt beleive me.

the only explanation i have then is that the cars themselves are different.

i have a brand new centre piece from this set if anyone wants, 60 bucks.

Vlad you sheisty slut…lol…:smiley:

send the cry babies my way, il show them what bad molds, poor fit, shitty alignment looks like on car, bing saw it and i didn’t even get into the details with him about it…

but its my fault for buying it from extreme dimensions so this is my warning to u, and body guys can make those things look perfect easily.Go hang around a ricer shop for a bit and u will see what shit comes in like and what it looks like after going to a body guy. its amazing.

the only body parts i’ve seen that never needed any work are probably not affordable for the average joe on SON

they’re also for cars that are made out of carbon fibre or fibreglass and dont corrode… the cars are also not likely 15 years old or thereabouts.

funny ive sold many extreme dimensions kits, as well as many from onderground design and as of yet ive had NO problems with fitment.

GT

if anyone thinks these are bad fitment, then ill show you my 180sx

i have authentic type x valances (these were made off of mine)

they fit the same

funny how that guy complaining on nico didnt even want a refund either for his coupe valances…

maybe he finally found a competent body shop or figured out that you were right.

maybe he realized he mounted with only half a brain

well be glad cause there customer service sucked balls!

mine are oem and i still use 3m adhesive tape

Yeah i have oem ones also they fit the same…

maybe you could come and help me install my funny front bumper made for fenders with exagerated front arches and marker lamps slightly smaller than those found in a 84 civic (nowhere close to the Zenki/silvia lamps),

and for the record, I had Bings valences’, and wasn’t dissapointed, like he said, a couple screws into the wheel well lip and 2 SIDED AUTOMOTIVE TAPE

http://bings.ca/images/parts/180sx%20valances%20bobby.JPG

Here is a set of valances that were returned because of supposed poor fitment.

Bobby spent a few minutes and mounted them on his car…

they look fine to me… could maybe go back a couple more mm if anything

Honestly, a couple minutes and a dremel and these things were ready for paint. I could not imagine people think these don’t fit as i barely had to do anything to make them go into place.

Seriously, what mold is ever perfect?

+1 for these valences!

My god bobby those rims are hot.

thanks man appreciate it! They are an upgrade from my 17x7 +40 rims :wink: