1858 miles, 3 M5's, a GTR, 2 cops, a few flights, and I'm home with M Power. RIP S62

So Friday morning I woke up around 3am, caught a ride to the airport and boarded my 5am flight to Philadelphia. Thankfully the TSA decided that being a ginger bastard with no sole I deserved to have a secondary screening… and then another screening after that. No idea why it was “random”… whatever. I only almost missed my flight even arriving almost 2 hours early in the early morning hours. Anyway, so a quick layover, and I arrived in Tampa. Sadly the guy I was buying the car from was stuck in a meeting so I grabbed lunch at TGIF where the bartender asked me “If it tasted as good as a garbage plate”… that was a bit odd.

http://www.mturck.com/e39/DSCF5745.jpg

Blah blah blah, get picked up, check the car out decide to pull the trigger and now I’m the proud owner of a 2000 BMW M5. Carbon black (looks very blue in certain light and black in others), full maintenance history for the past 50k miles (it had 106k on it when I bought it), black extended leather interior, BONE STOCK (not for long). Car is really clean, has a few cosmetic issues (fogged/blasted headlights, rock chips) but no major flaws, and is mechanically sound. So I booked it up to between Raleigh and Richmond and decided to take a nap for a bit in the back of a hotel parking lot. Aparently that wasnt the best of ideas as about 3 hours later I had flashing lights in front of me and flashlights on both sides. The officers were VERY polite and shot the shit for a few minutes before explaining that we were not in the best of areas and judging by the car and my ethnic group we should probably book it back to I95. I took their advice and followed them back. Got on the road and booked it up to DC where I caught breakfast with Mcell and zackSI in his e60 M5 and met up with my buddy Brent with his GTR.

http://www.mturck.com/AKARally/gtr.jpg

After that we headed to Philly where we attended the pre AKA 2008 sticker BBQ where a few cars got stickered up and we hung out until I decided to piss in the punch and we all decided it was an appropriate time to leave the office park.

http://www.mturck.com/e39/DSCF5744.jpg

And two screen caps from the video which will be up soon:

http://www.mturck.com/e39/e39M5.jpg
http://www.mturck.com/e39/e39M5b.jpg

Need to finish selling off the other cars and consolidating but I’m VERY happy with my decision. I’m keeping this, the e9 3.0CS and the 951 track car and everything else is either gone, or on it’s way out the door.

More pics and video coming soon!

Was great to have breakfast with ya bro, car looked great too. Glad ya made it back in one piece.

Also how ironic is that with Brent and the GTR and it being the same one I ran into. Small world.

Holla! Nice pickup, perfect AKA car :tup:

Yeah man, just needs updated DVD nav (widescreen), wheels/tires, exhaust, intakes, springs, and a powerchip… lol. But yes I’m taking this on AKA in two weeks (hopefully with most of that done).

Chris got pulled when we went out racing later that night as well, lol we were in PT’s M5 racing Chris in his and I’m not sure when but Chris’ headlights died… and then he got pulled :rofl:

Oh yeah and

e39 M5 > e46 M3.

Oh yeah and

e39 M5 > e46 M3.

///Mmm.

I could swear I seen this car assclowning around on Deleware last night…

Nice Pickup.

X…

lol Definitely wasnt me, I just got home a few hours ago.

nice Mike.

I looked at E39 M’s for a while but the potential carbon build up issues scared me away. Is that something to be concerned about?

We’ll find out soon enough… Hows Wednesday look for ya

40-130 rolls, 0-100, don’t care lets do it!

e34 M5 vs e39M5 vs e46 m3

Lets do it!

One of my favorite’s, very nice.

did bmw put those wheels on 7 series as well?

always nice pickups.

i want to see this part out thread…

anticipation started, preparing lowballs.

Bing, if you’re interested in the Datsun, PM me.

It is a potential issue, yes. There are two types, one of which is just caused by babying the car to much. This car didnt have the issue and being a bit higher mileage I had to assume it wont crop up. Worst case it’s just a secondary air (emissions) issue that will and I can fix that in a weekend.

Yep, 740i Sport’s and 740i as like a $3k option.

No digs for me right now, trying not to beat on it to much more before the rally. 40-130 is fine with me. PM me so I know how much weight to put in the car to make it fair for you and Scott.

40-130 is kosher for me… FAWK you are sitting at 3700lbs :frowning: this could be much closer than expected …

Just did a closer look on drag times :frowning: I’m gonna get raped sigh

e39 m5 in that race all the way.

what options are there for boosting these, I looked into but didn’t know what site has really good information on this.

fuck the datsun, i have too many cars right now as it is… hell i might have as many as you do or more… i have 5 still, just sold the breeze and the red hatch you towed for me.

HA HA. :smiley:

Looks good fucker.

When I picked up my E39 it came down to mine or a M and I went with mine since I already had a 600+hp race car. Now I am selling the race car and wish I picked up the M. God I love them so much, great purchase.