Freaking Dairy shortage...

…forced me to pick up a 540i last week…fortunately I didn’t have to settle for the slushbox transmission like the other board member who recently bought a RWD V8.

Headlights needed some love, but they turned out much better after I worked them over a few times.

your shit is weak.

^ had his thunder stolen.

It looks nice, hopefully it doesn’t turn out to have a bunch of issues. My mother has a 740i and it spends more time getting fixed than not.

Looks clean, hope it’s trouble free for you!

Have you looked into the Nikasil bore lining issue? I think the 540i’s are sweet especially with the 6 Spd. but I got a little turned off when I read about all the premature wear problems they had with the earlier models’ cylinder walls.

No, I hadn’t heard about that, but I’m buying an extended warranty FTW, since the major repairs are not cheap at all. If the motor goes I’ll take it to Jeff, then maybe he can accidentally order an M5 motor on the warranty company, haha.

Good deal. Lucky you got the manual.

Thanks man, however I disagree on the luck part.:smiley:

Your shit is automatic…

I thought they were harder to find for some reason, especially in the 5 series. My model 7 series had an optional 5 speed, I want to swap it, but those Getrag trannies even with a shitload of miles on them aren’t cheap.

Nice motor picture, ugly car.

Real men drive sticks…
And i once saw someones headline on myspace…“you don’t have a big dick if you don’t drive a stick”

I know, I don’t like the color at all, but the rest of the car was right, so I pulled the trigger.

i wanna see the gsx

I’ll have plenty of time to dry the tears from my eyes while I’m on the side of the road, waiting for you to catch up.

lol…running 12’s gives darkstar even more cockiness

bet you didn’t think that was possible, did you?

Stock auto 98s run 12s???

probably low 13’s. with intake, LT’s, cat delete and exhaust I would suspect that it will.

They can, run 12’s…but dorkstar needs to loose weight first AND then get upgraded intake/cat delete/exhaust etc etc…

You were up Mircle last week right? If so, car was clean, I personally wouldnt buy a BMW this old, but it was pretty spotless.