~1952 GMC 2.5 TON Fire Truck~ (Long Shot)

1952 GMC 2.5TON cab and chassis, 24.5ft long, dually rear end.

16k original miles

Alright, to make the story short, my dad was a VF for Bellevue for 20 years, he drove this truck while in the fire company, so it had a bit of family value to it.

I bought it form the JunkYard it sat in for over 20 years.

I had it running 3 years ago, 298 CI I6 engine, attached to a 3pd manual trans and 2spd rear end (6spd).

The cab is rough but fixable, Front clip is usable, hood in excellent shape.

The PTO/Pump is still attached to the truck, but the Tanker body is no longer there.

My intentions were to make a Flat bed out of it someday, but I’m moving and can’t take it with me, parents want it outta their driveway.

Asking $900 or best reasonable offer, call for any questions or more details.

Jeff @ 716 570 3082.

If I could fit it in my garage, I’d be interested.

This would be a great hauler for someone. Could throw a newer 7.3L Powerstroke in it, run it off of grease :slight_smile: and haul your toys around for cheap.

So clean your garage and let us know… I’ll send you dimensions lol

Looks taller than 7’… which is higher than my garage door :slight_smile:

Its 25x30, so I have room otherwise.

I ran out real quick and measured it.
Shes 7 feet tall, 23 feet long, and 7’6" wide.
(Roughly, i measured it by myself)

did you take the board height into consideration? plus you could always air out the tires for a few extra inches.

I added a few inches just to be on the safe side. Like I said, I did it by myself and I’m less than 5 feet tall. So its wasn’t an easy task for me…lol
But I measured it 7 foot across and added 6 inches because I couldn’t see the boards on each side.
I’m sure Jeff and I can get more accurate measurements tomorrow if you need them.

Wish this could be delivered. Would be fun to start restoring and use for a tow rig.

Thanks for measuring… but it actually can’t be even 7’, thats about where my truck is and I can’t pull it in.

I’d also have to jack it up in the garage… which wouldn’t leave me any room.

It could be delivered… for a price. But that’s something you would need to work out with him. You can send him a text or give him a call tomorrow. I’m sure Jeff could get the flatbed from work.

No Prob… Thanks for the interest though :slight_smile:
Makes me feel better that there might be a chance it’ll be outta the driveway soon lol

I’d love to buy this, but don’t know the first thing about these things…

This is a perfect place to learn Gus! This is a great starter project, and there are TONS of parts available for the 49-53 GMC/Chevy trucks.

Yes It can be delivered for a fee, I can get the flatbed from work and tow it pretty much anywhere for cost of fuel+mileage+beer 4 the driver.

I’ll get better measurements tonight for anyone who is interested.

Jack, that’s the whole reason this isn’t in my garage! I was going to tear the cab off it and do the frame in the garage, then pull the frame out, bring the cab in… etc.

Ugh I wish I lived in NY, this would be such an awesome project.

Just go buy one in Texas that’s not rusted/suffered through NY winters?

But what a cool project nonetheless. If I was home…

www.67-72chevytrucks.com has a section just for this gen truck. Might also be able to post it up there and get some more local hits.

After some discussions with the other half, looks like won’t be taking it. 6’ doors on the garage, and a blazer and suburban that still need work won’t allow me to get it.

Maybe i’ll see if I can talk the fire department into buying it as a project.

That’d be pretty cool if someone wanted to revamp this thing to run in Fireman’s parades

Fixed* :wink: Sorry had to.

GLWS Looks like a cool project for someone with the time and room to do.

^^^ LOL ^^^ this better get a GM powerplant, otherwise I’ll steal it when its done and drop the Ford motor back off to you.

Think of the “sponsors” you could get if it was GREEN though. Good luck running WVO in a Dirtymax. :slight_smile:

If you wanted to drag race it, then yes, get the DMAX…:walter:

LOL, I’m just a GM guy, no offense to Fords, other than I’m against them.

My buddy was pulling 8.8’s at lanecaster with his DMAX Crew Dually last year with his programmer, idiots.