FS: 1992 GMC Jimmy 4door 4wd w/5.7L V8 swap

UPDATE: Truck is listed on eBay as of 3/21/2008.

If everyone could spread the word I’d really appreciate it and owe you one, need this thing gone asap.

$50 finders fee to the first person who gets me a winning bidder!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320230809253

As title states, 1992 GMC Jimmy 4door 4wd w/ fuel injected 5.7L V8/autoOD swap. The truck is loaded with pretty much every option available- power everything including mirrors, factory G80 locking rear diff, push button 4wd, leather interior, digital dash, a/c, cruise, rear wiper… etc etc

The swap is seriously one of the cleanest factory-looking conversions you will ever see- it was done with 90-95% factory GM parts including all factory wiring harnesses & ecm.

TONS of new parts, most of which I can’t think of off the top of my head, I will be editing this thread as soon as I can get a minute to browse thru my brain although some include brand new GM high torque mini starter, radiator, water pump, battery, various sensors, ign coil, plugs/wires/cap/rotor, hoses, etc… will post back later when I think of the rest.

Mods include ADS stage 2 chip, ported throttle body, deleted engine driven fan, 2001 ZQ8 quick ratio steering gearbox, will post back later when I think of the rest.

This was a project of mine from a few yrs ago that I just don’t have time for anymore between work and school and everything else I’ve got going on and now its just taking up space at my parents house so sadly its gotta go

THE GOOD: Decent body, minimal rust (especially for a NY vehicle). Loaded with options. Push button 4wd. Super clean oem-style swap, all the hard work is already done. Truck comes with tons of spare parts, all applicable service/wiring manuals and a COMPLETE list of parts used in the conversion, upgrades, etc- NO GUESSING!! You can rock it as is for a fun reliable daily driver or put some more work into it and make it really badass. Plus I have 90% of the parts to convert it to fulltime AWD (ie- Syclone/Typhoon/Bravada) if you’re looking to go that route.

THE BAD: Fuel gauge reads incorrectly, I think someone replaced the sender or tank with the wrong spec one at some point. The front diff was removed for clearance during the swap and I never put it back in, no big deal tho I still have all the original stuff plus a brand new shifter cable. Rusty spots were cut out and new metal welded in, but I never got a chance to finish the bodywork (smoothing/painting/etc). Could probably use a new tailgate, the previous owner backed into something that pushed the spare tire carrier into the tailgate and damaged the window latch. Needs a muffler & tailpipe.

http://mysite.verizon.net/stmotorsports/1992Jimmy/1992Jimmy1.jpg

I will be getting back to this asap with more info & pics…

for now BEST OFFER

looks sweet, cant wait to see more pics and info!

1000 cash

trade ya foe a 94 camry coupe

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:4,topic:36362"”]

trade ya foe a 94 camry coupe

[/quote]

how dare you :gtfo:

[quote=“greddy420a,post:3,topic:36362"”]

1000 cash

[/quote]

show up with 1500 cash or that 1000 plus some sort of interesting trade and ya never know

[quote=“travisnewberry,post:2,topic:36362"”]

looks sweet, cant wait to see more pics and info!

[/quote]

i’ll probably be over there this weekend for awhile so I’ll get some more pics then

Whats wrong with it?

[quote=“articzap,post:6,topic:36362"”]

Whats wrong with it?

[/quote]

well…

as it sits right now the front diff/driveshaft/axles are not in it, only because the stuff just never went back in after the swap mostly because i’m lazy and just didnt give a shit about it much. That and I never decided whether I wanted to put all the stock 4wd stuff back in or convert it to fulltime AWD (ie- Typhoon/Syclone/Bravada)- of which I have most if not all of the parts to do. I also still have all the stock 4wd parts and could probably be talked into putting the stuff back in if a potential buyer wanted.

It does have a trans fluid leak but I’m pretty sure its just the pan gasket, it needs a muffler and tailpipe, a balljoint on one side and tie rod on the other. All are easy enuff fixes and I could do them if the buyer wanted. I even have some of the parts already, just haven’t had time to do it- since I haven’t been driving the truck it’s not exactly a priority at this point.

And as you can see from the pic, there is some rust just starting in some spots, alot of which I started repairing but never got back to it. Overall tho the body is in pretty good shape- floors & rear wheelwells are solid, etc…

And it needs 2 front tires to pass NYINSP

But basically all of the hard work is done- the swap is complete, everything is tight, all wiring is done, the vehicle is solid otherwise. It just needs some finishing and tlc to make it really nice like I was planning

bump

need this gone

up

bump

good winter truck, jump on it now while its hot & i’ll do all the work it needs

any pics? how much for the car in good working condition with no leaks? is the interior finished?

i’ll see if i can get some more pics of it this weekend

interior is complete, just needs a good cleaning

make me a good offer & the truck is yours, come pick it up whenever. I’ll even do all the work for nothing if the offer is right. But if someone’s only gonna lowball then it’s just not worth my time to put all that work into it when i got way more important things to focus on

i dont know what is reasonable? 1200?

tell ya what- if you’re serious about it, come check it out & see what you think

i should be over there this weekend

ok, pm me ur number and ill come by on saturday…i need a reliable winter car asap

pm sent

y0

http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/TS/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/B0012/B0012268/B0012268.jpg

anybody think i would have better luck getting rid of the truck if it had a fresh all black paint job?

cmon folks, luxury winter beater… eh? eh?

bump need this thing GONE ASAP

the semester is over next week, I will be available to do the necessary repairs over the break

make offers