1959 Chevrolet Bel Air Vs. 2009 Chevrolet Malibu IIHS Offset

???

They just destroyed a piece of automotive history to prove that a 2009 piece of shit that nobody wants is safer than it was 50 years ago.

:fail: I would rather have 1 59 belair than 10 2009 malibus (if i couldnt sell either)

You would think the bel air has the weight advantage when in reality they’re both about 38xx.I’m really curious to see how some of the huge boats of the 60’s and 70’s would’ve survived,some stuff of that era would have a almost a 2000LB weight advantage over the Malibu,I do understand that structural integrity plays a bigger role vs sheer weight,it would still be interesting.

It’s more about engineered “giveaway” zones, more detailed understanding of human physiology, and the advancement of materials and devices than it is mass.

That said, as a classic car owner that makes you stop and say damn… :eek:

Fuck. That makes me want to fucking kill kittens. That was a gorgeous '59. Way to go, assholes. I don’t give a flying rats ass if a new car is safer than an old one. I’ll take my chances with my vintage vehicles.

So why did they have to ruin a perfectly good 59?

You could almost predict the outcome, why waste a car to prove it?

it was probably beat mechanically and they just painted it. Did you see the rust cloud that came from it when they hit?

sigh…was the engine in it ? I couldnt see one