1985 300ZX, 85,000 Miles...

Kid i work with down here has one. Mint interior, will be coming out of the paint booth with 0 rust and sparking new paint in about a week (not that it was in that bad of shape before it went in, because it really wasnt. The kid is quite anal). Non-turbo automatic w/T-tops, CD player, A/C, power everything, 6 way power adjustable seats.

He’s thinking of selling it. How much you guys think he could get out of it?

really? I figured it would be worth more than that with having so few miles…

If I had the money I wouldnt mind picking up a turbo motor and swapping it in and conterting it to 5 speed… No garage + minimal tools + no money = :nono:

work on the beach,the sluts on the beach will give u motavation!!!

no turbo no care :smiley:

mmmm sluts. I swear if i manage to score some fine pie when you fagg0rts are down here, ill be beating some cockblocking ass.

:madfawk:

I think it’s time you have a heart to heart w/ George (Turbocharged, not da azn) seeing as he’s been there done that, and done it again, then again, and again…

-TJ

yeah i know. I actually mentioned to the kid that he could do that swap and George the hairy beast could give him some pointers, but hes not mechanically inclined enough to pull that off. Not by a long shot.

Yeah, I’m sure Robin Williams Jr. could do the swap in his sleep, or maybe has. Last time I talked to him I think he was just about to undertake that swap again because he got the newer Z his Dad had w/ the clean body/interior so he was going to put the Turb-ho and 5-speed in there.

-TJ

:cool:

doooo it. . i’m sure george could do this swap in his sleep like tj said. just as long as you can manage to plug the battery in right. looks at robbie

:down:

There’s a clean all options '85 Turbo in the local AutoShopper here for $1500. Fly out, visit, see Cali and drive 'er home. There’s also a '90 TT for $6k.

-TJ

OT: last time i talked to george was, he had a 5.0 ( dads ) and was sick of the Z! lol
imagine that :slight_smile:
he has sami love :blue:

Well I actually am undertaking this swap once again but it is in somewhat of a different form. I am just turboing the extra high compression nonturbo motor that I have and throwing it in. I have all the shit but I want to finish the samurai first.

The samurai needs inspected so it needs some exhaust , brake and body work but at least it is running now. I also have to get the accord I picked up off of J into tip top condition.

I wouldn’t pay much more than 1500-2000 for a nice n/a auto. For 3500 you could problably get a good turbo car. I think you will find that you might be better off fixing your car if you want to go fast. There is no aftermarket for these cars and as soon as I fix mine I am selling it to get a bike.

well I have run a bit long later fellas

Damn it, are you guys not seeing this ^^^^^^

Dark* buy the '85, George buy the '90 (you know it’s always been your dream). Cali visit to boot. :stuck_out_tongue:

-TJ

I dont want one dude. Kid that works with me wanted to know what he could get out of it. Nissans are gayer than Kolar dude, get with it. :slap: