FS: 1989 Sunbird GT Convertible 2.0L Turbo

1989 Sunbird GT Convertible
2.0L Turbo
3 Spd auto

Good: Body is solid. Fairly rare car in turbo convertible form. Everything is there. Decent tires and suspension.

Bad: Needs a shortblock. There is a hole in the block from previous owner. Needs a top. Needs the interior cleaned. Needs to be 5 spd.

With all that said, I have located another motor and 5 spd swap for the car, and the top is only $150 on ebay. I will give the buyer all the information on the motor and tranny when they purchase the car.

And now for the price: make me an offer. I need money cause I am purchasing a car to replace the bonneville as the daily driver.

well… if you have some pics sned them to me… and the price for the new motor/install got someone who would be interested since her car might be dying soon

Pictures will be posted tonight. Cost for a motor is dependant on how you want to do it. A 2.0L Non-turbo shortblock would work, and should hold up to the power just fine. Many people have done this from what I read. I have found those for around $140. I have also located a 90 2.0L turbo motor and 5 spd transmission in a coupe in a junkyard here. Was quoted $400 for longblock, $400 for tranny, and $50-100 for the rest of the manual parts necessary to swap. From what i am told, that is an excellent price for both the motor and tranny. Both are working as they were driving the car around the yard for a bit and the guy I talked to was going to purchase it whole to drive until he got a truck. The top is $150-200 on ebay. Other than that, I believe everything else should be fine. A friend here (I think he’s on here as well) has an 87 and knows the cars very well and might be able to provide better into and also should have extra parts that could be available to purchase. I do know he said the 90 motor has a better design and would be a good one to swap in.

what about swapping out just the turbo and accesories to a 2.8? would it work?

Makes you wonder if a s/c Ecotec would, too.

you can turbo anything if you want to spend the money. as for bolt on, you are going 4 cyl to 6 cyl, so you’ll have some issues with the intake. I contemplated a 3.8L SC motor swap cause I have one of those that I am selling as well, but figured fabricating the mounts was more than I wanted to do.

Car is still for sale and needs to go soon as I am picking up my new car this week.

ok, need the car gone. It’s just taking up space. $300 takes it. If it is not gone in 2 weeks, or I do not have a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold the car by then, then the car will be parted of the easily removed and shipped parts and the rest will be junked.