1985 MKII Toyota Supra

Well, I’ve been debating on selling this for about a year now, but the time has come, the decision has been made, and it has to go.

I’m in my 4th year of college, student loans to pay, and I’m looking to buy a house, so my almost life long project is for sale!

My 1985 Toyota Supra MKII.

The Good:

The car runs and drives, has a fully rebuilt drive line. I made sure the brakes and suspension were up to par, everything is in drivable condition if not better, would pass inspection with no problems what so ever.

BRAND NEW FRESHLY REBUILT 2.8L 5MGE Engine (has 20 miles on it, literally)
[COLOR=Black]New Zealand Cams (adds about 20 hp from stock)
Transmission was checked and flushed when engine was rebuilt.
Rear End was checked and new fluid put in when engine was rebuilt.

I have TONS of spare parts for the car, more than enough to build a second one… I bought and parted out 4 of these Supra’s in the past 2 years, I’ve got spare axles, starters, this, that, tail lights, head lights, fenders, doors, mirrors, sunroofs, flares, rims, etc.

Some specs:
2.8L Inline 6cyl 5MGE
5spd Trans
4.10 LSD Rear End
235/60/14 Tires (80% tread left, good luck finding tires that size!)

The [COLOR=Red]Bad:
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]The body has some rust that needs to be addressed. Rear quarters are solid, the rocker corners need to be patched, and the bottom of the rear of the rear wheel wells need to be patched. FLOORS ARE SOLID, FRAME IS SOLID. Passenger side Door and Fender have surface rust, I have replacements for both. Body has 212k on it.
    [/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]I have 4 Fender Flares to replace the broken ones on the car as well.[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]The one headlight motor linkage fell off, needs to be fixed[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]I have spare wiper transmission, the wipers are fighting each other right now.[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]Sunroof needs to be repaired, the top rusted and it is stuck shut, I do have a COMPLETE other sunroof to replace this one.[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]Most of the window trim paint has flaked away, so it has a cool chrome look now, lol![/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]The seats are a sort of 1980’s Pleather, they need to be re-upholstered
    [/COLOR]

• [COLOR=Black]Front Bumper valance is trashed, I have 2 spare bumpers for the car.[/COLOR]

The interior is completely out of the car.(The dash board, wiring harness and door panels/windows are still in) My plan was to remove the windows and paint the car the RIGHT way, but I only got as far as stripping the interior out.

I have everything for the interior bagged and labeled for an easy reinstall.

Basically I have $1900 in the Engine/Trans/Rear Diff work, I bought the car for $500 when I was 16(4 years ago) and basically haven’t ever had time to do what I want with it.

I need money more now than a project car, so I’m trying to at least recoupe my investment in this, and find someone who will finish the project.

I’m asking $1700 for everything, every nut, bolt, part, piece, the car, EVERYTHING.

If your interested in coming to take a look, Jeff @ 716 570 3082, thanks.

Pics

Body spots

Engine Bay

Interior

Spare Parts

Thanks for looking!!!:wink:

these things fetch 2k?

lol

I’ve based my asking price on my investment in it.

oh that makes sense…

good luck.

Thanks

hey i’m still lookin for parts!

PM again, lost contact with you.

PM’d

free bump,
car could look like this with a little lovin,

http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/15310406/130_0904_05_z+1985_toyota_celica_supra+front_view.jpg

a little.

just needs some buff work, you can tell the paint is in great shape!!!

Thanks, I’m not sure if that was sarcastic or a complement?

Supraman you have PM.

Actually the original paint on 80% of the car would probably be salvageable with a really GOOD buff, but the passenger door and fender deff. need to be resprayed.

Eh…I am NOT bashing you at all, 'cause I give you credit for trying to get your money back. Maybe you will get your asking price, but this car in my book, is too far gone to save.

Edit: If someone is looking for parts, there’s probably more then $1500 in parts sitting IN this car. Such as motor, trans, diff, etc etc. Good luck with the sale.

The car really isn’t Too Far gone, I just don’t have the experience in body work to finish the project. I’ve tried my share of sheet metal work and bondo, and I don’t feel my experience is good enough to do this project the way I want to.

You are correct about the parts possibility of this car, some of the spare parts I have for this thing go on ebay for over $500.

Oh did I mention I have a STOCK CD player for this, as in, STOCK, I mean it came from Toyota in 1985 with a CD PLAYER!

One week bump…

patch those spots if you have means of a welder…spray bomb the car and you might get ur asking price…glws

Id love to put a small block chevy in this.
You should sell the powertrain and sell me the shell really cheap :smiley:

LOL Karter, I’ll sell you the rolling shell w/ no drive train for $1000… lol.

If I had time to do the body work and paint it I would keep it…:fail:

Sweet, it has that rust paint thing going on.
:slight_smile:

free bump

HAHA Thanks, BTW 007 FTW!