1986.5 tt supra

whats one worth? my dads friend has one that we might aquire, its purple manual trans has 100k miles, runs fine but needs interior work and some body work. car is straight with original wheels and such, but has a little bit of rust starting to show. im not sure exactly what motor it has, my dad says it was twin turbo but i didnt know they made twin turbo in this year, or outside of japan. but i guess it is a turbo, whether theres one snail or two i have to find out still. car has been pretty much sitting in garage for years, but still fires up and runs good. any insight? thanks.

did they even come turbo these years? This is when they are still the Celica-Supra right?

I think they are single turbo. Very weak motors to my knowledge

86.5’s are 3rd gen supras and none of them came turbo so he most likely did a JZ swap if its actually TT or turbo’d the stock 7m or swapped an entire 7mgte in it. JZ swap mk3s usually go for $7-10k depending on the cars condition and how well and complete the swap was done. Turbo 7m mk3s arounf 3-5k and n/a’s 1-3k range.

I’m guesing the year is wrong, or it’s not turbo.

my friends dad has the car so hopefully i can look at it soon, but it is a 86.5, first year they split from the celica, and it is defineatly a turbo but my dad is 99% sure its twin turbo…his friends father is the original owner of the car so id have to ask him to find out more on it. engine bay is mint and very clean, and the car is very straight, but its just starting to show a little rust and the interior is a little ragged…just trying to get an idea on what something like this is worth. but i know it is defienatly turbo.

Although only available in naturally aspirated trim in 1986.5, a turbocharged version of the engine was introduced in the 1987 model year.

Fail. Not to mention, they were single turbo.

If he’s the original owner, and the car is original and its an 86.5, its def not turbo of any sort.

And I dont recall they came purple… LoL

Are you sure he’s the original owner?

so much confusion in this thread.

Why do so many people have such a horrible time trying to spell this word?

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

hmmm I recall a purple 86.5 on craigslist last summer in like Lockport I think and it was definitely non-turbo and definitely a pile of crap.