1986 Toyota supra turbo

So after being excited as hell for the spring with this project and putting already quite a bit of money into it, life has once again bit me in the ass for an emotional purchase

I gotta start looking for a more daily friendly vehicle asap. As i have only space for one car, she sadly has to go.

the car is a white 1986 Supra that i bought from a friend this past fall who had bought this car from a mutual friend a few years ago but rarely used the car.

The car was originally his track toy which was sitting around his shop so i picked her up.

the car has seen a total of 3 winters.

Body wise i would give her an 8/10 for her age. The paint has some wear and tear and the quarters will need attention in the spring/summer. nothing major as yet simply the lip of the wheel well is rusted and starting to show through. Will have pics up of everything mentioned in this thread btw just at work currently.

The best part about the car is the engine. It was pulled out of a turbo traga car and rebuilt about 3 years ago but due to lack of use she maybe has 15,000 kms on her.

my friend had her built at mculloch engineered engines formerly in Pickering now in Roseneath.

the specs as i was told are:
Eagle pistons
Manley rods
ARP fasteners
Port and Polish
5 angle valve job
the intake has been match ported
metal headgasket

suspension:

The car is sitting on kyb gr2’s and lowering springs (i cant remember the name of them at the moment)
she’s lowered about an inch and a half.

she has a full 3 inch exhaust from the downpipe mated to a tom’s motorsports exhaust… sadly the muffler inlet is 2.5 inches (damnit)

the transmission and clutch are stock and work with no issues.
All calipers are rebuilt with around 10000 kms, rotors are all cross drilled and slotted with ceramic pads and braided lines.
clutch and flywheel redone about 10000 kms ago, as well as new master
all ball joints, tie rods and swaybar links done about 10000 kms ago.
Interior is very clean, rear seats have been taken out
Weight reduction performed, all sound deadening removed (about 170 lbs) by previous owner.

recent maintenance and repairs since i purchased her:

intake manifold gasket was done
rocker cover gasket
fresh ct-26 turbo done by cherry turbos in st. thomas (has like 5 kms on it…literally)
oil return line upper and lower gaskets replaced
injector o-rings and grommets replaced
TPS sensor and throttlebody gasket replacements are en route this week

the car is sitting on fresh winter tires and the stock wheels painted gunmetal.

with evey good there is a bad…

things that need TLC…

the wiring harness isnt in good shape and good use redoing as some wires are cracked and exposed
certain sensors were disconnected as the car was on a piggy back system.
EGR and EVAP has been removed by the previous owner

I now have the car back to a stock ecu/stock fuel pressure regulator/fuel rail/injectors.

my number is 416-984-8049 I have no issues taking the car for a look over by a mechanic for a seriously interested buyer.

http://www.torontosupraclub.com/index.php?topic=1216.0

click the link for pics, of the fresh turbo and of the car, if you search my threads on here you’ll pull up pics as well.

interested in trades as well for a better daily use type vehicle
pm me or shoot me a call 416-984-8049

$3000 firm. Final price

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2784/4468059683_437eba7b97.jpg

car needs TL but has great potential. throw some offers guys

lookin for honda/N/A subie trades + cash or straight depending on vehicle

1986.5 - thats a half year model…

nice ride - when they are minty fresh…

bump her up, cold start issue fixed, no exhaust leaks

$4500

bump her up $4500 OBO

price is very OBO… no fuel cut, boosts fine.

my final price… $3500 firm

wow i cant believe its not sold :open_mouth:

^wish i could keep her,

after mulling over the loss im taking on this car, the price is going back up to $4000 firm

i will however take a lower price on it without the new ct26 in it. if someone does want this car for $3500 the old turbo is going back in as i have a few people interested in the freshly rebuilt one by cherry turbos.

back up to the top… $3000 firm final price.

up to the top…

JZ swap this…

shut up sean :smiley:

if i had the coin i would lol… but for a few years i wont

bump for good ppls

^thanks man, its appreciated.

$2750…tell your homies

This is some price, looks pretty clean. Really surprised no one has jumped on this yet.

SOLD!