1993 Rx7 R1 Engine/ 5 speed - $1000

I have a complete engine/ transmission out of a 93 Rx7 with 67,000 miles on it. I believe it needs a rebuild. It was parked 4 years ago because of lack of power. Maybe the turbos. Maybe the engine. I’m not a mechanic and I bought the car for the shell. Willing to trade for LS1 parts/engine/T56 Ect. Plus cash on my side. The engine is still in the car but can be pulled within the day.

Price is $1000 for the engine, transmission, turbos, intercooler, ect. I need the room.

[ATTACH]30321[/ATTACH]

Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not a mechanic huh?

I told Elliot the same thing here. LS1 were last built in 2004. LS2/3 have even larger price tags. Find the aluminum block 5.3L HO engine from the Z74 package trucks or the Trail Blazer V8 (not SS) Buick Rainer also had a similar engine. They are usually half the price of LS1 and have the same performance. Plus 5.3 pistons are well know to hold up better.

Uh nope. Just an average guy :wink:

thanks I will check them out.

Joel

GLWS Joel !

Leave the motor in the car as long as you can. These engines are worth around that if they run and it’s easier to sell as such if the buyer can watch it run in the car. People buy them for rotor/housing cores and the eccentric shafts.

Out of the car as a “short block” they’re worth considerably less unfortunately due to the bad rep they get. If you’re still run and has not had a rotor failure, or a oil pump failure it’s an easy sell, especially with the gearbox.

GLWS!