1994 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon *Turbo* $1800/neg

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi selling or possibly trading my wagon, like the title says it’s a 94, Legacy wagon GT model so has the Single cam 2.2liter turbocharged Ej22eT.

Exterior:
Good:
-Factory silver paint
-No collision damage
-Rare aftermarket fiberglass “Carter” hood. (looks like a 2.5rs hood, larger scoop)
-Early model bronze impreza wheels with matching firestone winters with great tread left.

Not so good:
-Rust, it’s a 94 and has been in NY it’s whole life there’s bound to be rust. Worst is over the rear arches and some bubble patches around doors, however rear arches have the EXACT same profile as fronts so just buy some rust free fenders and use the arches as patches, that was my plan.
-Sunroof is caulked over, still works (press the interior button and you hear the motor try to open/close) my guess is the seal leaked and p.o didnt want to fix it so sealed it up.

Interior:
Good:
-Great condition for it’s age, ZERO rips in seats, no weird smells, all electronics work including boost gauge in the A-pillar. A/F gauge isnt wired up at the moment, car comes with aftermarket cd player as well as two piece factory radio and rare factory cd player. No check engine lights.
-Newer rear view mirror with integrated compass and auto dim, works great.

Bad:
-Only thing I can think of is the leather on the steering wheel has a tear top center. Otherwise just needs a good cleaning.

Engine/Drivetrain:
Good:
-Single cam Ej22et
-Previous owner changed tb 30k ago, body has 220k
-ALL new exhaust gaskets new from subaru
-New IAC gasket from subaru
-New PCV valve
-New Coolant Temp Sensor
-Replaced various vacuum lines as old ones looked a bit dry.
-Has upgraded Wrx Td04L turbo from a friend’s 9.2x with 40k.
-Has top mount intercooler with Perrin Y-pipe (100 bucks alone) from same car.
-TurboXs Blow off valve with adaptor plate.
-Oil catch can
-IAC valve removed and cleaned/De-gunked
-Tubular exhaust manifold
-3in Straight exhaust, no cats, has a resonator and muffler with removable silencer.
-5spd conversion. Was originally an Auto (no 5spd Turbo wagons ever made) Transmission is great, no grinds or noises, clutch grabs good no problems/slop.
-BRAND NEW alternator just bought and installed.

Bad:
-The ONLY bad thing about the engine is it MAY need a new IAC valve, car has intermittent stalling at times, the IAC is notorious for going on these cars, I removed it, cleaned it hoping it would fix the problem. It helped the idle plenty but the issue still remains, it COULD be plugs/wires as these look pretty beat and were next on my replacement list but I just want to be honest. Car starts right up and even when it stalls starts right back up, runs great! NO knocks or ticks whatsoever, pulls hard and boosts perfect!

Chassis:
-No problems here, all tight, no squeaks, bearings good, no transfer case binding, brakes are good.

Sorry for the long post I just want to be thorough, looking to sell asap as I may be moving soon and would like the space. Car would make a great rallyx/autox car or fun weekend racer. Might be interested in trades just let me know what you got. Asking $1800 obo[COLOR=black] but seriously no 5-6 hundred offers these cars aren’t very common and I’ve done my best to describe it in detail. Feel free to text me ANYTIME day or night[/COLOR] I will reply asap. Car is located in Buffalo NY. If you want to call me just text me first. I can answer more questions or supply more pics as needed. Thanks!

CELL: 716-335-2o67 My name is Mike. DEF interested in any 2.5rs/A4/Impreza wagons 94-01.

Pics Engine pics aren’t the up to date, I will supply new ones later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20451[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20455[/ATTACH]

Cmon over 70 views and not even one offer thrown out there? I’m flexible on the price and looking to sell asap.

These are a tough sell to a very select crowd.

I have a 92 Turbo Sedan I’m looking to sell but the market doesn’t seem to be there for these right now.

All the same GLWS!

I understand but it’s still a great running turbocharged car. And I’m not exactly dead set on the asking price, I’d just rather have an impreza wagon. SOMEONE has to be interested.

You buy this from Jay Mangus?

my friend had one. surprisingly fun to drive, slow as balls though. makes cool wooooshing noise though. probably just as fast as a dseries lol. maybe slower

Yeah stock for stock they aren’t very fast - something like 160hp stock, it’s the weight of the wagon and power loss from the awd that really kill these stock, it’s something crazy like 30percent loss due to drive train lol. Great potential for them though. I’m not sure, is Jay an older guy? I got this way out in the sticks from an older (40’s) guy, vacuum system was all unhooked, took awhile to straighten up someone else’s crap.

Not to jack your thread but, yea, the one I have is an Automatic and I will admit it is slow as dick from 0-30 but once you hit 31mph it takes off like crazy through 2nd and 3rd gear.

I would assume the 5spd has a bit more pep.

It feels like it but the auto is just asnice as it holds boost during shifts, the five speed just makes you feel more involved.