1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD - Low Miles

SOLD

In for pics even though it’s auto. That may kill it for me though I am looking for a car at the moment. GLWS

h

Fun to drive? In the snow, yes. Otherwise no, it is insanely slow. Still a good car for that price range. I had a 95 with 160k and it was still very smooth to drive.

Timing belt probably needs to be done in the not so distant future, and the center diff on the auto cars is pretty weak, gotta watch how long you are drifting it in the snow or you’ll fry the clutches. Even though people say the 2.2’s don’t have headgasket issues my friend whose only owned 2 subarus blew a hg on both cars which had 2.2’s. But every car has issues and this could be a good daily or swap project if it really is clean,

h

This is a series 1 2.2l which is non-interference so the timing belt isn’t really a big deal. Also, I’ve had two of these and known countless people with series 1 2.2l motors to go over 200k without head gasket problems. FYI 97 and up are series 2 (interference).

OP, if your price gets more toward market value send me a PM. I’m a sucker for these things.

h

This is misleading. The DOHC 2.5’s are most notoriously known for hg problems but they are supposed to be better by the time the SOHC 2.5 came out. I think a lot of people think that only the DOHC 2.5’s have hg issues but 2.2’s aren’t immune. Either way I wouldn’t hesitate from owning one at all.

The 2.2 cars my friend had were in the 93-95 range, but obviously any car can have a hg go.

Good to know these are non-interference motors. Might as well just wait till the tb breaks before doing it.

Does it have rust or not?

Timing belts are easy on these cars, I will be happy to do it for whomever buys it. Or any SOHC Subaru T-belt (I do not have the tools for a DOHC)

j

j

Pending Sale

Sold please close