2000 civic hatch questions....

My little bro is looking at a couple hatches for daily transportation, He is looking at a 2000 DX Hatch, just wondering any problem areas or certain things about this year/model that I should look for? Car is bone stock.
like…
typical rust in rear quarters or anything…

thanks, any info you can provide would be appreciated. :tup:

Rust in wheel wells if the owner didnt clean the car atleast 4 times a year… Not much else on a 2000.

pull the molding out that they put around the inner wheel wells, they trap salt in the winter and that is what causes the typical honda rot. that and if it is standard the stick is realy sloppy, at least on my uncles, no matter what gear you are in it looks like nuetral

less than 20 dollars in bushings will fix that. if the heat shields are missing, they will get all shitty.

the d16y7 doesnt really have many issue. ask about maintance.
timing belt and water pump at 80k
half shafts (cv joints) i used to replace mine every year (the boosts rip). thank you autozone lifetime warrenty

the only recall on it was an ignition switch issue.

Thanks everyone :tup:

I did this the day I got my car. No rust yet…knock on…plastic.

Yeah he bought a hatch, I think I am going to have him pull the moldings off the rear since its never seen snow or anything yet :tup:

good idea. have him clean it out really good, dry it out and shoot it with some undercoating.

look at my old hatch… no rust there.

Thats exactly what I was thinking :tup: is there any other problem areas that should be addressed? any other spots that should be oiled or undercoated that you know of? hatch area or something… Thanks

jeller

nope, not really

Don’t for get to do the lower part of the 1/4 panel too, not just the part by the bumper

I see many hondas rust at the lower seem

I wax mine when I wax my car. Also, clean the seam of the doors/hatch/hood.