2000 Golf TDi- 2dr, red $3995

Reluctantly selling my 2000 Golf-It’s a pretty rare 2dr, and red with a black interior.
~Price reduced to $3995~

VIN is WVWBF21J1YW118643

Specs-
*217k- Well maintained - only Amsoil or Castrol Synthetic used changed every 5-6 k. Oil just changed. Fuel and air filters just replaced. Bone stock engine. Mileage was from driving back and fourth to Detroit a few times a month. No excessive smoke or oil usage- .5 qt consumption every 5k (like clockwork) The engine starts up, runs, and feels just like the day it was purchased. I’m the second owner with almost all of the service history.

*Timing belt done by dealer at 173k- all other parts that should be replaced were at that time- have receipts

*Suspension completely redone- using all OE VW parts from a 20th AE- HD Control arm bushings, OE 20th AE springs and shocks with 33k now on them- lower than the stock Golf- basically as low as a 20AE Golf GTi. needs an alignment.

*New rear beam bushings

*Replaced transmission at 210k- with a low mileage used unit- replaced all the bushings etc. Vr6 clutch, with appropriate flywheel, etc. Shifts like new, clutch is very light, and engages nicely. Proper synthetic (I think it was Redlne) gear oil.

• Body is pretty good, but has some stone chips on the hood and front bumper, hatch has a little rust peeking through on the backside, under the latch, not visable unless you are looking for it, with the hatch open. Some dents and dings here and there, but overall, very presentable. underside of the car is really nice, with no rusting. A few dents in the underside of the rocker panels

• Currently has factory aftermarket 5 spoke alloy 15" wheels, with 2 tires needing replacing, and 2 nearly new Icelandic snow tires. (kick ass in the snow!)

• Car has been off the road for a few months now. the rotors have a little rust from sitting, and when I took it for a ride today (11-13) they were pulsating a little. May clear up when driven a bit, and used, but new rotors may not be out of the question. Pads all the way around are in good shape.

• Check engine light comes on every now and again, and it’s always the glowplug resistance issue. All glowplugs work as they should, and there aren’t any cold starting issues, if you Clear it, it stays off for a few months. Eventually, it comes back. might need a glow plug harness in the future.

• interior is black cloth, and pretty nice. A few spots where that rubber coating is peeling, but some spots I spent the time going though and removed the coating… may finish it up Has a nice Alpine head unit with a Ipod controller/charger cable. has an armrest from a Passat installed, doesn’t fit as nice as the factory Golf armrest, but it did bolt up. Rear hatch area has a spill from pink paint in the pass corner, not too bad, but it’s there.

This is a bare-bones Golf- no sunroof, no power windows, etc. overall a great driver, that I wouldn’t hesitate to drive cross country…
I maintained this car very well, and when it needed something, it got it, and if it could be upgraded, it was. It doesnt need much to be a great car.
Feel free to call 716-316.3275

Looks clean as hell. What you get for MPG?

trades?

It gets around 48-52 on the highway, 42ish in the city.

the only thing I’d be interested in trading for is a sub 1k 4wd/awd European or Japanese winter vehicle.

that looks like a nice deal

I got a f-350 diesel lol

is it for sale?

fuck where were you a few months ago.

PM’ed

Per the TDIclub forum its Sold.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=299532&page=2

well now that sucks

u still have this ?

read 2 posts above yours.

you could always edit the thread to say sold. just saying. for convenience