2000 Grand Prix

I traded my G20 for this thing last year… Ran great all last year I had it…

Took it out after my Z died… Ran great for awhile now its having a Ign/Fuel issue not sure

Im 100% its something tiny/small as it doesnt always present…

I seriously just dont want to deal with it because I dont like the car one bit, its to big, its automatic and its a GM. A full tuneup would probably get this thing going 100% again

The car has high miles 190k but it looks good, the body is pretty straight except for 2 tiny surface rust spots… Tires/brakes are all good… before the car started with this bullshit it ran awsome… trans doesnt slip etc…

IIRC frmo the previous owner it was mostly a highway car

$2000 OBO… Or trade something 5 speed that isnt a rusted POS

Doubt anyone on here will want this thing but figured id throw it out ehre… Honestly its a great car, but i have no time or even the will to try and deal with this thing, im sure a tuneup and some seafoam will fix the issue

It does throw a Cyl 6 misfire code

repost

:lol

2k?!?!

Really?

give it a full tune ,the 3.8 is a bulletproof motor the rest of the car is solid and they are great in the snow if i didnt need a truck id jump on this as id have it fixed in a afternoon

Could be an intake plenum/intake gasket. Either one will cause a misfire and its really common on 3800’s.

no ,at worst it would be a coil pack ,but when the older 3.8,s puked a intake it would blow coolant or egr would melt not very often it would do miss codes

Jon I tried switching out coils… Dave at inline was nice enought o give me coils he pulled off a good running GP and it dident fix the issue… The wires looks brand new and the plug on cyl 6 looks fine…

I have no idea… I just want this POS gone.

and I put 2k as well I figured for the condition its a good price and most jackasses lowbal anyways

When it wants to it runs great… ran great last year and when i first took it out

Ive seen a few use so little coolant it wasnt really noticable. My friend’s wife had a '98 Grand Prix that did it and his mom had a '99 Lesabre with the same issue.

ign module or loose inj wire

yeah dave at inline said its prolly the ign module said its happend a lot to him…

Jon, I tried reving it and it wouldent go past 3200 rpms… then if i held it there for a few seconds then got right off it would die… doesnt die under normal driving or anything… just when i rev it and hold it around 3200 as it wont go any higher then let off

Sound about right?

its called a rev limiter lolololol

No… when i first got the car it would rev to like 5-6 grand in neutral

its load variable ,or the module is cuttin out .let me go redline the wifes car quick lolol

LOL! Alright let me know

Hey jon, srsly i dotn wanna dick with this thing… If I shot up there later in the day like I usualy do for my inspections would you mind taking a look at it for me? I havent driven the thing in like 2 fuckin weeks because i get to like 70-75mph and it hits a brick wall… looses power… then starts to come back as long as I dont try and go above 75 or so…

we are slammed at the shop now ,dude for what a tune up costs just do one ,plugs are 4-7 bucks each "use delco platinums " get good wires ,fuel and air fitler and drive the car

dude I tried getting to the back plugs yesterday… I for the fuckin life of me cant seem to fuckin get to em

dude lay on the motor and do em they are so easy

Jon srsly… I was like having sex with the fuck car trying to get to the one on the driver side…

Ahh fuck it ill try again tommroow if im not feeling to lazy

:rofl !!!

remove the front top engine mount thats near the hoodlatch or w/e, the “dogbone” looking thing

take a really fucking hug bar, and / or some ratchet straps… rock that fuckin engine forward dude… and u’ll have exactly 0.000004 extra MM of space to fit your socket and ratchet into so u can remove the plugs and wires