-Leather seats (grey)
-All weather floor mats + cloth ones
-leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter
-steering wheel stereo controls
-cruise control
-four wheel disc brakes

The good:
-All new brakes (disks and pads), front struts, springs
-head-gasket replaced with a metal one so you don’t have to worry about that known problem
-no rust, body in excellent shape
-interior in fantastic shape
-tires have lots of tread left
-has a hitch that was never used

The bad:
-needs a front wheel bearing replaced,the other one was done a month ago though.
-“airbag” light has been on for about 10,000 miles. A shop said it must be electrical. Still passes inspection.
-Ever since the brake job a month ago the “trac off”, “service vehicle soon”, “service engine soon”, “ABS” lights have all been coming on and off. The car is still driving fine, except when the lights do come on it turns off the traction and abs. I am thinking it is a bad/dirty sensor since those systems are tied together.
-the steering makes some noise on slow hard turning sometimes
-the fan doesnt change speed on numbers 1-3 but works on 4-5
-foglights do not work
-rear defroster isn’t working. The wire was reattached to the glass last year, it probably needs to be re-done.
-plastic piece under the bumper has a crack in it.

-I screwed up when I transfered the title from my mother to myself a month ago so it says 85,000 miles when the car actually has 75,000. All this means is you wil have to transfer the title at 85,000 as well to avoid issues.

KBB values on it are as follows.
Excellent: $5,385
Good: $4,985
Fair: $4,485

The car technically falls under “fair” but considering the number of tiny problems I am asking $3000.

The fan problem is probably just a resistor… wheel bearing will probably take care of the abs light.

2door or 4?

yeah, the fan is the resister.

2 door

ya take silver and yes I am very serious

Unfortunately not this time. I am picking up a new car this saturday and I need the cash.

silver is cash

When cleaning it I noticed 3 things. 1.) the plastic piece to lift the passenger seat forward is missing. It still works though. 2.) the front seat brackets are corroded some. 3.) the windsheild trim needs to be glued down at one part.

I have included pictures of all these problems. I am just trying to be as honest as possible here.

-I also forgot to mention that there is a hitch installed, though it was never used due to my father buying a silverado shortly after he had the hitch installed.

The pictures are uploading now, so I will post them later before I go to work.

Between the wheel bearing and blower resistor, you can prob have the car in perfect condition for about $125-150. Neither are too difficult to do, and I’m sure it’d be alot easier to sell.

Just out of curiosity, why does it have an se gauge cluster?

If i had the money for a new DD id def pick this up. Good lookin car. :slight_smile:

se gauge cluster? thats the cluster it had when my mother bought it in 2002. They only had the 150mph clusters for two years on the GT’s.

LOL you pm’d me 2 hrs later saying yes silly.
And You are correct Mr BDR and thanks for taking care of that matter for me:)

well I decided I could just sell the amount I needed to refill my bank account.

Still interested? you know you want the super shiny Grand Am!

tow hitch…grrrrr
what did you tow?

Why is the steel where the seats bolt down all rusted?
Flood? My sister Grand Prix was the same and we later found out it was a flood car

A lot of GM cars rust there, especially here in NY, without the plastic covers on them, people in the back seat with snow and salt on their boots will do the trick nicely.

^^^^ TRUTH

I already wrote it twice in the description. The hitch was NEVER used. My father purchased a silverado right after he had the hitch installed. He was going to use it to pull a trailor to take garbage to the dumps. (no trucks where he lives).

And no the car was not in a flood, it’s just your typical GM corrosion.

I am thinking I should just raise the price to $5000 so people stop acting like there is something seriously wrong with it.

I am selling for $4000 because I am picking up my new car sat., I already have one car being stored and I have another ready to be junked. I am moving to another place in a month and have no room for one more. I am looking for a quick sale.

all these are the same issue.
put on a new hub assembly and thats taken care of.
Part is ~115 iirc, or a shitload if you have it done at a shop after labor.

HVAC Resistor… Or possibly a fuse. (more than likely a fuse, because 1-4 are 20/40/60/80% of max, and 5 will always work since it’s no resistance)
$10 part, approx 6-8 hours labor to fix at a dealer.

Are you sure the bulbs aren’t burned out? and they don’t work when the car is not in Drive, when the high beams are on, or uhm… something else I forget.

Seems like it’s in decent shape aside from those…
Im willing to bet the motor mounts are broken too though, if they haven’t been replaced in its lifetime though.

GT cluster out of a 2001.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02-03-GRAND-AM-GAUGE-CLUSTER-SPEEDOMETER-OEM-3400_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem390031853454QQitemZ390031853454QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

that cluster is not out of an '01. they stopped doing the 150mph after '00. I promise you, I did not change the cluster.

The motor mounts are not broken. The head-gasket was just done and the mechanic would have replaced those if they needed it. I also forgot he did put new springs and struts on the front too.

The fog-lights don’t work because we took the fuse out due to them staying on even when the car was off.

Ah
sorry Penfold, didnt know that GMs usually do that.
and
I should have read more
GLWS

If I replace the wheel bearing, will there be any interest in this here?